“Lesson Learned” 3 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
“Lesson Learned”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided to try staying at a Courtyard, having just become Rewards members. The price was a little high, but we figured that's because it's a college town. We've been spoiled by all inclusive hotels, so we were surprised to learn that breakfast is not included in the price of the room. The consolation was they they serve Starbuck's coffee, which we don't like anyway. The staff was friendly. Even though the hotel is just off I-75, the room was quiet-the pool area not so much. The toilet in the bathroom was very loud when flushed and the handle had to be "jiggled" to stop the water from running. The bathroom door stuck, and made a loud noise when opened or closed. The next time we travel in the area we will probably continue onto another exit on the interstate.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front quieter than those in the back.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your recent stay.
I am very sorry that you encountered issues in your room while you stayed with us. We strive to make every guest as comfortable as possible each day, and each stay. I apologize that your experience was affected.
I value all feedback from our guests and appreciate your kind and honest review. If your travels bring you to Gainesville again in the future, please consider joining us here again at the Gainesville Courtyard by Marriott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here on business. I am a frequent Marriott customer with Platinum Status. Over the last year or so I have seen a decline in the quality of the Courtyard properties. This hotel had an upgraded lobby as many of the Courtyards do, however the rooms need updating. The room was clean, just dated. The staff was friendly and have not complaints from customer service. I don't think I will be staying in a Courtyard hotel as my first choice anymore. Spring Hill Suites, Residence Inn, and even Fairfield Inn's are a better choice. I will be returning to the area soon and have already booked the Residence Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
Though I am sorry to hear that you have made alternate arrangements for your travels to Gainesville I would like to sincerely thank you for your input. I take great pride in the team we have here on property and am pleased that we were able to provide you with excellent customer service during your stay.
We are currently in the process of fully converting our property to the Courtyard "Refreshing Business" concept, including our guest rooms. I would hope that in the future you would think of choosing my hotel again once this conversion is completed.
Again, thank you for your kind and honest feedback!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

From the moment I walked in the door, I was greeted with a warm smile. Every person from the 1st floor maid to the Asst GM was smiling and very pleasant. I would recommend this CBM to anyone staying in Gainesville. The 2 room suite is the way to go with kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post about our Hotel!
I'm very glad that you experienced the best that our team can offer travellers in Gainesville. We definitely try to achieve a "family" feel in everything we do!
Whenever your travels bring you back to Gainesville, please know that we would be happy to have you stay with us again.

Thank you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very solid Marriott courtyard. Very much what you would expect form a typical courtyard with some nice trip around the edges. Very solid breakfast. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. It is a nice hotel and in a very convenient location. There is also some decent roads to run on around the hotel which is important to me.

Room Tip: Get a suite. It is worth it in this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to speak so kindly about our hotel! My team and I strive to give each guest the best possible experience everyday! We would love to have you join us again at our Courtyard should your travels bring you back to Gainesville. I can even recommend some other running trails in the area that showcase some of North Central Florida's natural beauty.

Thank you again!
Tampa, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel's lobby is beautiful, I was excited when I saw how chic it was....but the rest of the hotel looks like a typical CBM. Nothing special, but that's OK. The service, however, is what drives my review. My key cards failed three times, very annoying when you have to keep going to the lobby to get a new card to get back into your room. There was no fridge in my room despite the fact that they advertised there would be. Once I asked for one, they hmmmed and hawed, but eventually brought one up....and plugged it in at the foot of the bed. I moved it myself to a more appropriate spot. My reservation requested a feather-free room, which is listed as crucial due to a severe allergy, yet I had to ask for them to remove the feathers from the room after check-in, and had to vacate the room for a couple of hours due to breathing difficulties caused by the presence of the feather pillows - why request this in advance if they aren't going to pay attention? My keycard holder stated I would be treated specially as an "elite member", but I certainly didn't feel special! I travel to Gainesville on business several times each year, as do several others in my company. I will not return to this hotel and will recommend others I work with also avoid this it. There is enough competition in the area to find better service.

Room Tip: make sure it actually has what is advertised
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I'd like to thank you for your honest comments about our hotel.
I take all feedback, both positive and negative, as an opportunity to grow my team and our business. Your comments are duly noted and I ensure you that I will take specific steps to coach my team regarding the missed steps of service that you experienced. I know that was not the type of experience you have come to expect from a Courtyard by Marriott and I own full responsibility.

Please know that your loyalty to Marriott is very much appreciated and respected. I would like to invite you back to our property so that we may offer you an experience that is more aligned with the service you have the right to expect. Again, I thank you for your feedback!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great staff, Clean room -comfy beds; in a great location to restaurants and campus. We have stayed here before and will definitely return. They also take pets. The complimentary breakfast is great and plenty of food!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! Though I appreciate your response and would enjoy taking credit for your enjoyable stay, I believe you may be reviewing our sister Marriott, the Residence Inn. They offer the amenities you described, but unfortunately we do not have the same offerings. However, should your travels bring you back to Gainesville we would be happy to introduce you to the Courtyard where its "a new stay!"

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This property is right off I-75 in Gainesville. It's close to the university. Room was very nice, clean, and quiet. Super-friendly staff. Located near an abundance of places to eat. I'd certainly stay again in the future. I would recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2013
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. My team and I greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our property's amenities and location. Please feel free to join us again when your travels bring you back to Gainesville!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville? Share your experiences!