“Nice little hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice little hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very solid Marriott courtyard. Very much what you would expect form a typical courtyard with some nice trip around the edges. Very solid breakfast. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. It is a nice hotel and in a very convenient location. There is also some decent roads to run on around the hotel which is important to me.

Room Tip: Get a suite. It is worth it in this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to speak so kindly about our hotel! My team and I strive to give each guest the best possible experience everyday! We would love to have you join us again at our Courtyard should your travels bring you back to Gainesville. I can even recommend some other running trails in the area that showcase some of North Central Florida's natural beauty.

Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tampa, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel's lobby is beautiful, I was excited when I saw how chic it was....but the rest of the hotel looks like a typical CBM. Nothing special, but that's OK. The service, however, is what drives my review. My key cards failed three times, very annoying when you have to keep going to the lobby to get a new card to get back into your room. There was no fridge in my room despite the fact that they advertised there would be. Once I asked for one, they hmmmed and hawed, but eventually brought one up....and plugged it in at the foot of the bed. I moved it myself to a more appropriate spot. My reservation requested a feather-free room, which is listed as crucial due to a severe allergy, yet I had to ask for them to remove the feathers from the room after check-in, and had to vacate the room for a couple of hours due to breathing difficulties caused by the presence of the feather pillows - why request this in advance if they aren't going to pay attention? My keycard holder stated I would be treated specially as an "elite member", but I certainly didn't feel special! I travel to Gainesville on business several times each year, as do several others in my company. I will not return to this hotel and will recommend others I work with also avoid this it. There is enough competition in the area to find better service.

Room Tip: make sure it actually has what is advertised
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I'd like to thank you for your honest comments about our hotel.
I take all feedback, both positive and negative, as an opportunity to grow my team and our business. Your comments are duly noted and I ensure you that I will take specific steps to coach my team regarding the missed steps of service that you experienced. I know that was not the type of experience you have come to expect from a Courtyard by Marriott and I own full responsibility.

Please know that your loyalty to Marriott is very much appreciated and respected. I would like to invite you back to our property so that we may offer you an experience that is more aligned with the service you have the right to expect. Again, I thank you for your feedback!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great staff, Clean room -comfy beds; in a great location to restaurants and campus. We have stayed here before and will definitely return. They also take pets. The complimentary breakfast is great and plenty of food!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! Though I appreciate your response and would enjoy taking credit for your enjoyable stay, I believe you may be reviewing our sister Marriott, the Residence Inn. They offer the amenities you described, but unfortunately we do not have the same offerings. However, should your travels bring you back to Gainesville we would be happy to introduce you to the Courtyard where its "a new stay!"

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This property is right off I-75 in Gainesville. It's close to the university. Room was very nice, clean, and quiet. Super-friendly staff. Located near an abundance of places to eat. I'd certainly stay again in the future. I would recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2013
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. My team and I greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our property's amenities and location. Please feel free to join us again when your travels bring you back to Gainesville!
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was in town for business and I chose this hotel on its competitive cost and on its central location. Other factors include the three miles drive to the city center where the testing center is located. Also, there is a huge shopping center next to it and also across from the hotel. The lobby was recently remodeled and my room was spotless and up-to-date. For amenities, they do have a bar and kitchen, outdoor pool and work-out room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I'm very pleased that you found our location and amenities convenient and useful during your trip. We appreciate that you have a choice when travelling, and we are thankful that you chose to stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

In town to visit our son and booked a room at the Courtyard. I found the staff to be very friendly. It appears that the lobby has been updated. They offer free coffee and tea in the lobby. Nice extra touch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our team! We definitely strive everyday to ensure that we provide the best possible experience to our guests. My staff loves what they do and I'm so glad to hear that it shows to our guests! Thank you again!
Riverview, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Like most other Courtyard's, this location has great service, clean rooms, and decent prices. I would stay here for every game but single day accommodations are rarely available during football weekends. They have a ridiculous two night minimum during those weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay!
I appreciate your compliments regarding our property and our staff. Football weekends can definitely be hectic for them, but I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations.
Although we have a two night minimum on special event weekends, please know that if your travels do bring you to Gainesville again in the future that we would be happy to have you stay with us. Thank you!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville? Share your experiences!