“Convenient, nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Tampa, Florida
“Convenient, nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This property is right off I-75 in Gainesville. It's close to the university. Room was very nice, clean, and quiet. Super-friendly staff. Located near an abundance of places to eat. I'd certainly stay again in the future. I would recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2013
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. My team and I greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our property's amenities and location. Please feel free to join us again when your travels bring you back to Gainesville!

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was in town for business and I chose this hotel on its competitive cost and on its central location. Other factors include the three miles drive to the city center where the testing center is located. Also, there is a huge shopping center next to it and also across from the hotel. The lobby was recently remodeled and my room was spotless and up-to-date. For amenities, they do have a bar and kitchen, outdoor pool and work-out room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I'm very pleased that you found our location and amenities convenient and useful during your trip. We appreciate that you have a choice when travelling, and we are thankful that you chose to stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Salina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

In town to visit our son and booked a room at the Courtyard. I found the staff to be very friendly. It appears that the lobby has been updated. They offer free coffee and tea in the lobby. Nice extra touch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our team! We definitely strive everyday to ensure that we provide the best possible experience to our guests. My staff loves what they do and I'm so glad to hear that it shows to our guests! Thank you again!
Riverview, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Like most other Courtyard's, this location has great service, clean rooms, and decent prices. I would stay here for every game but single day accommodations are rarely available during football weekends. They have a ridiculous two night minimum during those weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay!
I appreciate your compliments regarding our property and our staff. Football weekends can definitely be hectic for them, but I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations.
Although we have a two night minimum on special event weekends, please know that if your travels do bring you to Gainesville again in the future that we would be happy to have you stay with us. Thank you!
kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed for a athletic event at Gainesville. The lobby is redone, ( I can tell this hotel is a redo of another chain.. Just couldn't put my finger on which one?!) but our room seemed old and tired . I actually laughed out loud when I saw the cheesy whirlpool tub! The bed uncomfortable and saggy...and the linens...yuk! The only bright spot is that the front desk folks were very nice as were the housekeeping staff. 150.00 a night with taxes? No

• Stayed December 2012
I'd like to thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay.
We are currently in a state of transition from the original Courtyard concept that we have held since we opened the hotel in 1995. Our new concept is called "Courtyard Refreshing Business," and will feature additional changes to our guest rooms that will appear more cohesive with our recently rennovated lobby and Bistro area. Unfortunately, these transitions do take some time. I apologize that you weren;t as pleased with the guest rooms as our lobby area. I am confident that once our transition is complete you will be pleased with the changes. Again, thank you for your feedback!
Atlanta, GA USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This property is already showing it's age and in need of renovation. I have stayed at this property a few times over the past few years as I live between Atlanta and Miami Beach. Over the years, it has gotten worse. Tonight, the internet was unusable - speed test showed below dial up speed and I could not connect to my work email or use Skype. So, I called down and got a 1980's type of reply - "I can give you an 800 number so you can call and see what is the problem." In 2012, there is nothing more annoying to me than when a hotel has this response - I am not interested in doing their tech support for them. I checked out and went down the street to the Residence Inn where the internet speed was very high quality and fast. Free internet is not free if it is unusable. Overall, this is a bad Courtyard and obviously a low quality franchise property. I cannot recommend it to anyone who expects a clean, modern facility given other options available close by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your time with us. I apologize that your experince was less than you expected from a Courtyard hotel.
I have taken steps with my staff to ensure that a more suitable response and working knowledge of our technical features is now in practice. Though I cannot determine what the issue may have been on the particular day of your stay, I can agree that the staff response to your issue was not the best choice.
We are working dilligently to enhance our guests experience every day. This includes continuous upgrades to our property, both physical, staff and technical. These improvements, of course, do not occur without some time and growing pains. I apologize that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us, but appreciate your loyalty to Marriott by staying with a sister-property. If you return to Gainesville in the future, I would enjoy the opportunity to regain your business. Thank you again for your words.
Cape Coral, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I've been to GInesvilke god games and have stayed at many hotels but never this one til now. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the rooms are standard but clean, and Marriott is always pretty reluable. But this one wax a little special. They have a very nice quite large made to order restaurant! I wouldn't say it's great for dinner,but for breakfast, yes, and especially post-game munchies. They had wings, hummus, flatbread pizza, Sammie's, beer, bottled and glasses if wine, and even Starbucks .. Great staff too!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for staying with us! Our new Bistro Restaurant is definitely an exciting feature of our hotel. We have enjoyed many guest compliments on its offerings and accessibility, specifically after a great Gator Football victory! We alter our menu on a seasonal basis, so hopefully the next time you travel to Gainesville you can experience a refreshed and exciting menu. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Gainesville!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville? Share your experiences!