“Good for the football weekend, when available” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Riverview, Florida, United States
“Good for the football weekend, when available”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Like most other Courtyard's, this location has great service, clean rooms, and decent prices. I would stay here for every game but single day accommodations are rarely available during football weekends. They have a ridiculous two night minimum during those weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay!
I appreciate your compliments regarding our property and our staff. Football weekends can definitely be hectic for them, but I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations.
Although we have a two night minimum on special event weekends, please know that if your travels do bring you to Gainesville again in the future that we would be happy to have you stay with us. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed for a athletic event at Gainesville. The lobby is redone, ( I can tell this hotel is a redo of another chain.. Just couldn't put my finger on which one?!) but our room seemed old and tired . I actually laughed out loud when I saw the cheesy whirlpool tub! The bed uncomfortable and saggy...and the linens...yuk! The only bright spot is that the front desk folks were very nice as were the housekeeping staff. 150.00 a night with taxes? No

• Stayed December 2012
I'd like to thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay.
We are currently in a state of transition from the original Courtyard concept that we have held since we opened the hotel in 1995. Our new concept is called "Courtyard Refreshing Business," and will feature additional changes to our guest rooms that will appear more cohesive with our recently rennovated lobby and Bistro area. Unfortunately, these transitions do take some time. I apologize that you weren;t as pleased with the guest rooms as our lobby area. I am confident that once our transition is complete you will be pleased with the changes. Again, thank you for your feedback!
Atlanta, GA USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This property is already showing it's age and in need of renovation. I have stayed at this property a few times over the past few years as I live between Atlanta and Miami Beach. Over the years, it has gotten worse. Tonight, the internet was unusable - speed test showed below dial up speed and I could not connect to my work email or use Skype. So, I called down and got a 1980's type of reply - "I can give you an 800 number so you can call and see what is the problem." In 2012, there is nothing more annoying to me than when a hotel has this response - I am not interested in doing their tech support for them. I checked out and went down the street to the Residence Inn where the internet speed was very high quality and fast. Free internet is not free if it is unusable. Overall, this is a bad Courtyard and obviously a low quality franchise property. I cannot recommend it to anyone who expects a clean, modern facility given other options available close by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your time with us. I apologize that your experince was less than you expected from a Courtyard hotel.
I have taken steps with my staff to ensure that a more suitable response and working knowledge of our technical features is now in practice. Though I cannot determine what the issue may have been on the particular day of your stay, I can agree that the staff response to your issue was not the best choice.
We are working dilligently to enhance our guests experience every day. This includes continuous upgrades to our property, both physical, staff and technical. These improvements, of course, do not occur without some time and growing pains. I apologize that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us, but appreciate your loyalty to Marriott by staying with a sister-property. If you return to Gainesville in the future, I would enjoy the opportunity to regain your business. Thank you again for your words.
Cape Coral, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I've been to GInesvilke god games and have stayed at many hotels but never this one til now. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the rooms are standard but clean, and Marriott is always pretty reluable. But this one wax a little special. They have a very nice quite large made to order restaurant! I wouldn't say it's great for dinner,but for breakfast, yes, and especially post-game munchies. They had wings, hummus, flatbread pizza, Sammie's, beer, bottled and glasses if wine, and even Starbucks .. Great staff too!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for staying with us! Our new Bistro Restaurant is definitely an exciting feature of our hotel. We have enjoyed many guest compliments on its offerings and accessibility, specifically after a great Gator Football victory! We alter our menu on a seasonal basis, so hopefully the next time you travel to Gainesville you can experience a refreshed and exciting menu. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Gainesville!
Frankfort, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Tha staff was very accommodating at this Courtyard. It was the weekend of a huge football game even though we were only there for a campus tour. The entire hotel from staff to guests were buzzing in anticipation of the upcoming game. We thoroughly enjoyed the idea of being a part of this next year!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate your kind words and are very pleased that you enjoyed the atmosphere! Our staff is dedicated to making every guest feel welcomed, whether they root for the Gators or the opposing team. Thank you for letting us know we are doing a good job!
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The one thing that struck me most about this hotel was that they didn't offer free breakfast. Just about every buisness class hotel now day does. With that said however it was a nice clean place no complaints....although not cheap. It's right off I75 and there are a billion stores and restaurants within a half mile along Archer Rd

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I'd like to thank you for your feedback. We are very proud of our new Bistro restaurant and all that it brings to the life of our lobby. I know that we are one brand of hotel that doesn't offer a complimentary breakfast as a standard inclusion, however I am sure that if you tried our diverse and fresh menu you would be pleased with both the quality and healthy nature of our restaurant. I do hope that if you travel to Gainesville again in the future, you will consider staying with us again. Thank you!
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We really enjoyed this property. The pool was outdoors but a nice area especially on a hot and humid evening. The rooms were clean and well kept. We stayed on the top floor. We used the fitness area each day. Standard fitness equipment with a scale to keep track of your weight while your on the road.
Plenty of parking and easy on and off access to the I-75. Plenty of eating options in this area for all tastes. No complaints. Good service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff and our facility were just what you were looking for. We take a lot of pride in ensuring that our guests are happy when they are far from home. Please feel free to stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you back to Gainesville.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville? Share your experiences!