“Showing age - terrible internet” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Atlanta, GA USA
“Showing age - terrible internet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This property is already showing it's age and in need of renovation. I have stayed at this property a few times over the past few years as I live between Atlanta and Miami Beach. Over the years, it has gotten worse. Tonight, the internet was unusable - speed test showed below dial up speed and I could not connect to my work email or use Skype. So, I called down and got a 1980's type of reply - "I can give you an 800 number so you can call and see what is the problem." In 2012, there is nothing more annoying to me than when a hotel has this response - I am not interested in doing their tech support for them. I checked out and went down the street to the Residence Inn where the internet speed was very high quality and fast. Free internet is not free if it is unusable. Overall, this is a bad Courtyard and obviously a low quality franchise property. I cannot recommend it to anyone who expects a clean, modern facility given other options available close by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your time with us. I apologize that your experince was less than you expected from a Courtyard hotel.
I have taken steps with my staff to ensure that a more suitable response and working knowledge of our technical features is now in practice. Though I cannot determine what the issue may have been on the particular day of your stay, I can agree that the staff response to your issue was not the best choice.
We are working dilligently to enhance our guests experience every day. This includes continuous upgrades to our property, both physical, staff and technical. These improvements, of course, do not occur without some time and growing pains. I apologize that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us, but appreciate your loyalty to Marriott by staying with a sister-property. If you return to Gainesville in the future, I would enjoy the opportunity to regain your business. Thank you again for your words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cape Coral, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I've been to GInesvilke god games and have stayed at many hotels but never this one til now. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the rooms are standard but clean, and Marriott is always pretty reluable. But this one wax a little special. They have a very nice quite large made to order restaurant! I wouldn't say it's great for dinner,but for breakfast, yes, and especially post-game munchies. They had wings, hummus, flatbread pizza, Sammie's, beer, bottled and glasses if wine, and even Starbucks .. Great staff too!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for staying with us! Our new Bistro Restaurant is definitely an exciting feature of our hotel. We have enjoyed many guest compliments on its offerings and accessibility, specifically after a great Gator Football victory! We alter our menu on a seasonal basis, so hopefully the next time you travel to Gainesville you can experience a refreshed and exciting menu. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Gainesville!
Frankfort, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Tha staff was very accommodating at this Courtyard. It was the weekend of a huge football game even though we were only there for a campus tour. The entire hotel from staff to guests were buzzing in anticipation of the upcoming game. We thoroughly enjoyed the idea of being a part of this next year!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate your kind words and are very pleased that you enjoyed the atmosphere! Our staff is dedicated to making every guest feel welcomed, whether they root for the Gators or the opposing team. Thank you for letting us know we are doing a good job!
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The one thing that struck me most about this hotel was that they didn't offer free breakfast. Just about every buisness class hotel now day does. With that said however it was a nice clean place no complaints....although not cheap. It's right off I75 and there are a billion stores and restaurants within a half mile along Archer Rd

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I'd like to thank you for your feedback. We are very proud of our new Bistro restaurant and all that it brings to the life of our lobby. I know that we are one brand of hotel that doesn't offer a complimentary breakfast as a standard inclusion, however I am sure that if you tried our diverse and fresh menu you would be pleased with both the quality and healthy nature of our restaurant. I do hope that if you travel to Gainesville again in the future, you will consider staying with us again. Thank you!
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We really enjoyed this property. The pool was outdoors but a nice area especially on a hot and humid evening. The rooms were clean and well kept. We stayed on the top floor. We used the fitness area each day. Standard fitness equipment with a scale to keep track of your weight while your on the road.
Plenty of parking and easy on and off access to the I-75. Plenty of eating options in this area for all tastes. No complaints. Good service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff and our facility were just what you were looking for. We take a lot of pride in ensuring that our guests are happy when they are far from home. Please feel free to stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you back to Gainesville.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

What a great property! Easy exit off of I-75. Close to several great restaurants, like Bonefish Grill. We had a room on the first floor right off the contemporary lobby. Our room was very spacious, with 10' ceilings, nicely appointed and spotless. Marriott always has great beds and pillows and this was no exception. I did not use not tub or pool but both looked inviting. For a stop along your way, this hotel is the perfect pick. I will stay here again if I come through the area. The breakfast sandwiches are great!

Stayed July 2012
Thank you for all of your kind words regarding our property! We value all of our guests feedback, and enjoy the compliments the most! I will be sure to share this review with our team here in Gainesville- They enjoy knowing that the hard work they do each day has pleased another guest! Thank you again!
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were just passing through for one night (2 adults & 2 preschool age children) on our way home from Miami. We got the room for $63 on Priceline & I could not be more pleased with what we got for the price paid. It was the cheapest of the 3 Priceline'd rooms we stayed in on our trip and by far the largest, with the most comfortable beds (I think they were some sort of memory foam).

The staff could not have been more friendly, each person we encountered from the front desk staff to the cleaning staff were outgoing & courteous beyond expectation. The pool was small but well appointed with plenty of chairs and towels. There were computers available in the lobby for free internet checking (some of us still don't have smart phones or laptops), plenty of channels on the television, a good selection of snack foods in the 24 hour market, and a nice Starbucks & bistro combo in the lobby.

The location was perfect, right next to the freeway (and a Steak & Shake) and less than 10 minutes drive to the University. There's also a WalMart right up the street and a great store for Gator apparel next to the WalMart called Gator Mania (awesome staff, really nice to my kids, excellent variety of gifts and clothing)

I really feel we got massive value for money on this hotel & am very glad we decided to take a chance with Priceline!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful review!

I'm so glad you had a great experience at our hotel. We are dedicated to making every person that visits us feel welcome and appreciated. Hopefully if your travels bring you back to Gainesville in the future you will consider staying with us again!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville? Share your experiences!