“Nice not awesome” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Hollywood, Florida
“Nice not awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The one thing that struck me most about this hotel was that they didn't offer free breakfast. Just about every buisness class hotel now day does. With that said however it was a nice clean place no complaints....although not cheap. It's right off I75 and there are a billion stores and restaurants within a half mile along Archer Rd

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
I'd like to thank you for your feedback. We are very proud of our new Bistro restaurant and all that it brings to the life of our lobby. I know that we are one brand of hotel that doesn't offer a complimentary breakfast as a standard inclusion, however I am sure that if you tried our diverse and fresh menu you would be pleased with both the quality and healthy nature of our restaurant. I do hope that if you travel to Gainesville again in the future, you will consider staying with us again. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We really enjoyed this property. The pool was outdoors but a nice area especially on a hot and humid evening. The rooms were clean and well kept. We stayed on the top floor. We used the fitness area each day. Standard fitness equipment with a scale to keep track of your weight while your on the road.
Plenty of parking and easy on and off access to the I-75. Plenty of eating options in this area for all tastes. No complaints. Good service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff and our facility were just what you were looking for. We take a lot of pride in ensuring that our guests are happy when they are far from home. Please feel free to stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you back to Gainesville.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

What a great property! Easy exit off of I-75. Close to several great restaurants, like Bonefish Grill. We had a room on the first floor right off the contemporary lobby. Our room was very spacious, with 10' ceilings, nicely appointed and spotless. Marriott always has great beds and pillows and this was no exception. I did not use not tub or pool but both looked inviting. For a stop along your way, this hotel is the perfect pick. I will stay here again if I come through the area. The breakfast sandwiches are great!

Stayed July 2012
Thank you for all of your kind words regarding our property! We value all of our guests feedback, and enjoy the compliments the most! I will be sure to share this review with our team here in Gainesville- They enjoy knowing that the hard work they do each day has pleased another guest! Thank you again!
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were just passing through for one night (2 adults & 2 preschool age children) on our way home from Miami. We got the room for $63 on Priceline & I could not be more pleased with what we got for the price paid. It was the cheapest of the 3 Priceline'd rooms we stayed in on our trip and by far the largest, with the most comfortable beds (I think they were some sort of memory foam).

The staff could not have been more friendly, each person we encountered from the front desk staff to the cleaning staff were outgoing & courteous beyond expectation. The pool was small but well appointed with plenty of chairs and towels. There were computers available in the lobby for free internet checking (some of us still don't have smart phones or laptops), plenty of channels on the television, a good selection of snack foods in the 24 hour market, and a nice Starbucks & bistro combo in the lobby.

The location was perfect, right next to the freeway (and a Steak & Shake) and less than 10 minutes drive to the University. There's also a WalMart right up the street and a great store for Gator apparel next to the WalMart called Gator Mania (awesome staff, really nice to my kids, excellent variety of gifts and clothing)

I really feel we got massive value for money on this hotel & am very glad we decided to take a chance with Priceline!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful review!

I'm so glad you had a great experience at our hotel. We are dedicated to making every person that visits us feel welcome and appreciated. Hopefully if your travels bring you back to Gainesville in the future you will consider staying with us again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Very clean. All the staff, even housekeeping, was great. They all were very pleasant and helpful. This hotel believes their guests are important and they show it. Definitely stay here!!!! You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed July 2012
I have shared your wonderful comments with my team. They are extremely pleased that your experience was so positive and are very proud! We truly have a "culture of service" here at the Gainesville Courtyard, and thank you for recognizing it!

Best regards,
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I love staying at this hotel as it is so wonderfully convenient when I decide to take a road trip north. The healthy start breakfast and the Starbucks in the lobby are great! It's right next to 75 so you can get back on the road very quickly, not to mention there is a Target next door if you need anything! I stayed week before last in a 3rd floor room, with no incident. On the return trip, I was awoken at night itching profusely. I didn't think much of it until I got home and saw where I have bed bug bites in 3 places where I had itched the previous night. After copius research on the internet (images) they look to be bed bug bites. The room I stayed on the trip up was fine but room 216 has the bugs :(

Room Tip: Balconies are on the 16 line...their little book that tells them which rooms have balconies is incor...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your support of our property and our staff!
I am very pleased your enjoyed your stay and our new Bistro in the lobby. It has been very well received and the team behind the counter works very hard to make it successful!

I am very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience in your room, however. I want to impart to you that we take all guest concerns very seriously. Upon receipt of your review I had our pest-control company inspect the room in question. I am happy to report that there was no evidence of any bed bugs or other insects withthin the room. Regardless, we had the room treated as a precaution.

Please know that we strive to make the hotel a welcoming and enjoyable place for each and every guest. I look forward to having you return to the property in the future!

Best regards,
Athens, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Although I was a bit apprehensive about staying overnight in Gator town the location of the Courtyard was very convenient for my travel plans. It's close to the Interstate; plenty of places to eat near by; as well as shopping just in case we had forgotten anything. The staff was super friendly both at check in and out and extremely helpful. The room was spacious with a nice TV. Plenty of channels for a surfer like me. The only negative was that our stay was just overnight.

We were given a nice upgrade. Hotels like this one are why I'm partial to Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a King Suite. If you don't ask you don't get.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your posting!

We definitely appreciate your kind words. Our goal is always to make EVERY guest feel comfortable and appreciated at our hotel. I have an amazing team of talented professionals who consistently provide the best experience possible.

If your travels bring you back to Gainesville anytime soon, please know that we would love to have you back at our property!

Best regards

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville? Share your experiences!