“Love the location, nice folks, bedbugs in room 216 :(” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #18 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Miami
“Love the location, nice folks, bedbugs in room 216 :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I love staying at this hotel as it is so wonderfully convenient when I decide to take a road trip north. The healthy start breakfast and the Starbucks in the lobby are great! It's right next to 75 so you can get back on the road very quickly, not to mention there is a Target next door if you need anything! I stayed week before last in a 3rd floor room, with no incident. On the return trip, I was awoken at night itching profusely. I didn't think much of it until I got home and saw where I have bed bug bites in 3 places where I had itched the previous night. After copius research on the internet (images) they look to be bed bug bites. The room I stayed on the trip up was fine but room 216 has the bugs :(

Room Tip: Balconies are on the 16 line...their little book that tells them which rooms have balconies is incor...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your support of our property and our staff!
I am very pleased your enjoyed your stay and our new Bistro in the lobby. It has been very well received and the team behind the counter works very hard to make it successful!

I am very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience in your room, however. I want to impart to you that we take all guest concerns very seriously. Upon receipt of your review I had our pest-control company inspect the room in question. I am happy to report that there was no evidence of any bed bugs or other insects withthin the room. Regardless, we had the room treated as a precaution.

Please know that we strive to make the hotel a welcoming and enjoyable place for each and every guest. I look forward to having you return to the property in the future!

Best regards,

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Athens, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Although I was a bit apprehensive about staying overnight in Gator town the location of the Courtyard was very convenient for my travel plans. It's close to the Interstate; plenty of places to eat near by; as well as shopping just in case we had forgotten anything. The staff was super friendly both at check in and out and extremely helpful. The room was spacious with a nice TV. Plenty of channels for a surfer like me. The only negative was that our stay was just overnight.

We were given a nice upgrade. Hotels like this one are why I'm partial to Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a King Suite. If you don't ask you don't get.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your posting!

We definitely appreciate your kind words. Our goal is always to make EVERY guest feel comfortable and appreciated at our hotel. I have an amazing team of talented professionals who consistently provide the best experience possible.

If your travels bring you back to Gainesville anytime soon, please know that we would love to have you back at our property!

Best regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Just had to give everyone working at this location a great review. Stayed 5 nights/ 5 days, worked from the room remotely while my son was at a camp at UF. Never had an issue with hotel internet, was productive every day. EVERYONE including the maids had smiles for me, was helpful and friendly all day and all night for my whole stay. Extra towels: immediate. Extra blanket: 5 minutes. Bistro didn't look like much but when we finally tried the food it was tasty and FRESH! Yes the pool could be bigger but this hotel was perfect for our purpose, literally 5 minutes from the UF campus, right by 75. If you are looking for a friendly, low key hotel close to UF I can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
I just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU for your kind words! I truly appreciate the recognition of my staff for their service. I can't express enough how much I appreciate you taking the time to thank my staff for all that they do, each and every day. We always aim to provide the best customer service in a warm and hospitable environment for each guest. Many times these days people only highlight the negative. Your positive words mean more than you know and I cannot wait to share them with my staff!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gainesville Courtyard on your next trip!
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I was there for a graduation, and the room was inflated to $249 per night for a room that is generally worth $99. The lobby was nice and renovated, but while the rooms were renovated a few years ago, they seem outdated.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Unfortunately, at times of higher demand within the market we do adjust our rates to be in-line with the other hotels in the area. As you can imagine, with over 45,000 students, the University Graduation increases demand on the entire Gainesville hotel market. I do want to thank you for staying with us during that busy weekend as I know you have a choice in hotels.

Thank you for mentioning our lobby renovation! We are very excited about the new options we can offer our guests. Our rooms are next on the list to be renovation to match our new concept and style. I invite you back to see the changes on your next trip to Gainesville.

Thank you again for you comments. I truly appreciate the feedback!
El Dorado Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have stayed here three times for a week each time for business. The Courtyard is nice, they did a much needed upgrade to the lobby to bring it up to a normal Courtyard level. The rooms are normal Courtyard rooms nothing special. Breakfast is good but not great, The ladies that staff it try to make the most of it. What I have had the most problems with is the management. I have had some small issues that they made into bigger ones because of their lack of attention and professionalism. Because of this I cannot and will not recommend this hotel. The Spring Hills across the street has done a much better job of appreciating my business.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I sincerely apologize for the frustration you have experienced at my property. It is clear from your review that we were regretably unable to meet your expectations. Please know that I value your comments and will take action with my staff and management to address your concerns.

My team and I strive to always provide our guests with the best overall experience possible. I would like to personally invite you back to our poperty in the hopes that we can regain your trust and loyalty on a future trip to Gainesville.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night, end of March. Was able to get a good deal through Priceline ($ 65). Nice, big rooms, friendly and efficient service at front desk. They were still renovating the main restaurant but since we only stayed 1 night that was no problem. Many restaurants closeby. In the morning breakfast was served in some convention room. We were lucky to get there early, the buffet was more than we expected for the price of $ 9, including fresh wafles and eggs! Within half hour the entire room was packed but we were on our way then. All in all a nice stay with friendly service. Wifi was good everywhere. They also had free computers in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive comments!

I am very glad that your enjoyed your experience at our hotel. Our renovation process is now completed and we have a wonderful and vibrant new lobby concept including The Bistro restaurant which is now open for Breakfast and Dinner!

I hope that on your next trip to Gainesville you will consider our property again for your stay. I thank you again for your review and hope to see you again soon!
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

I am a little disappointed that when I booked, it did not state that the entire 1st floor would be under construction, or that the elevator would not be working. I am even more disappointed that the fee was full price 154, with no restaurant, noise, the parking lot littered with construction material and vehicles. On the bright side the staff was nice. . . I will be staying at th Hilton down the street next time.

Stayed March 2012
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced as a result of our renovation. I can completely understand your frustration and appreciate your comments.

We have successfully completed our lobby and restaurant renovation and would love to have the opportunity to showcase its benefits and services to you on your next trip to Gainesville. Though we failed to meet your expectations on this trip, I can assure you that my staff and I are dedicated to providing you with a "new stay" at our Courtyard when you return.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville? Share your experiences!