“No problems, only solutions” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 South West 13th St., Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Sheraton Gainesville)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ocala, Florida
“No problems, only solutions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

The Central Florida Region SCCA held its 2010 Annual Meeting and Awards Banquet at the Paramount Plaza on the weekend of December 11 & 12, 2010. We had two breakfast meetings, a worker appreciation luncheon and the Satruday evening banquet. There were in excess of 160 in attendance on Saturday evening. That was 30+ more than I had planned our buffet dinner for. As the people kept coming, the staff didn't panic (although I was beginning to) they found solutions. The entire weekend went that way. Where I saw potenial problems, they found solutions ... from the food/serving staff all the way to the maintenance and housekeeping staff. The hotel is a nice place, the staff makes it an amazing facility. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone for any reason. Professional, cooperative, friendly. Oh, and the food was excellent, too. If you want to look good to your group, host your function at the Paramount Plaza Hotel and Suites in Gainesville, FL.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
PlazaMgmt, Front Office Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
Thank you very much for hosting your meetings and awards banquet at the Paramount Plaza Hotel and Conference Center. Our staff takes great pride in the events that we host here, and we strive to accomodate every clients needs. We appreciate your business and hope to host your group again in the future.

693 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed at the Paramount Plaza for 4 nights, I was given a free upgrade in building 1000 in a suite (room 1301) The room was very clean, smelled nice, all was in perfect order.
Enough clean towels everyday, even my nightgown was lying neatly folded on the bed each day. The bed is soft but not too soft and very comfy. The size of the suite was amazing. The lake view was beautiful especially in the morning. All staff was very helpful and nice. Roomservice was excellent, not a large menu but what they serve is very good, on time, good value for money and served as if I was royalty :) Everything was in good working order, fridge, microwave, shower, in-room safe etc. Big flatscreen tv.. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I did not experience any noises from the rooms on both sides of me other than what is normal at a busy hotel. I took a taxi several times and asked which hotel their customers are very satisfied with, and all 4 taxicab drivers told me this one rates highest. Next time I'm sure to book a suite, its worth the money. The normal rooms, double or king looked very nice and spacious as well, compared to the Hilton, Courtyard, etc. Checking out took 30 seconds..all in all, a super nice experience. Oh, Emails were answered same or next day. For women travelling alone like me,I was a bit concerned about having to walk, in the dark, from the lobby to a building too far away , so i was promised and given a room closest by. I felt perfecly safe my whole stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
PlazaMgmt, Front Office Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
Thank you for staying at the Paramount Plaza during your recent trip to Gainesville and taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. I am glad to read that you received, and enjoyed a complimentary upgrade to one of our suites. When available, we try to upgrade guests with multiple nights so that they can feel more comfortable during their stay. It is nice to read that you enjoyed all facets of the hotel; the clean room, the nice lake view, the restaurant and that all staff from housekeeping to the front desk were friendly and accomodating. I was also pleased to read that you felt safe during your stay and that you intend to stay with us the next time you are in the area. Again, thank you for staying with us and the wonderful review.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

The entire hotel smells like cigarettes and feet. There is nothing of interest for miles around the hotel. The pool is just as filthy as the bedding and carpets. Wrinkled and dusty curtains and sheets. My room was an epic journey to the front desk, but the vending machine on EVERY FLOOR was completely empty, for my entire stay. Amazing. Even though I had a do not disturb sign on my door, the cleaning staff knocked on my door every few minutes, even coming inside uninvited to ask if they were required that day. They also love to have loud conversations from one end of the hall to the other end of the hall all morning. Sleeping in is impossible. Unbelievable disappointment. RUN DOWN.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Allow me to begin by apologizing for the numerous problems during your stay. I can assure you that this is definitely not the norm for our hotel. Many of our guests enjoy their stay and find the rooms and bedding clean and comfortable. I can assure you that the housekeeping staff being loud and disturbing you is being addressed so that this problem does not persist. I also am sorry to read that the soda machines in the building were empty, this is something that again should not occur. If ever you wanted to stay with us again I can assure you a much more pleasant experience. Please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to personally book your room. Again, I apologize for the many problems you encountered during your stay.
Viera
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Visited Gainsville a few times taking my son to Shambs Hospital. I paid as much as $130 for a room and got nothing more then I got at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites. The room was more then adequate and it was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. I do plan on returning to this fine Hotel, because I will have to make many more trips. I highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for staying with us during your appointments at Shands hospital and taking the time out of your schedule to share your experience. It is great to read that you found the bed comfortable and the rooms clean. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

We first stayed at the Paramount last year when we were in town for The Fest, and were very pleased. Our recent stay was no different. Any issues (IE - we noticed that the in-room safe was not working when we first checked in, and there were ants in the bathroom) were resolved very quickly (A service tech. was sent immediately and had the safe fixed within the afternoon, and he took care of the ants). Great view of the lake, great value, very clean, and always professional, helpful staff. We'll be staying here again next year.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us again this year when you were in Gainesville for the Fest. I am glad to read that all room issues were taken care of in a timely manner and that our staff was helpful and professional. We look forward to your staying with us again next year for the Fest.
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Had a great stay here as part of our honeymoon, i`d say by far the nicest location of hotels in Gainesville. Wonderful lake views (from our room anyway) and walkable from downtown although they do offer a superb and very handy shuttle service to most anywhere you`d like to go. All staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful and the manager was very good to us when we raised an issue. I would wholeheartedly recommend the Paramount Plaza and would stay there again. Good job!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during a portion of your honeymoon. I am glad to read that you were able to enjoy a nice lakeview and take advantage of the amenities of the hotel like the shuttle service. It is also very nice to read that our staff met your expectations and were friendly and helpful during your stay. If ever you are in the area again I sure hope that you will think of us.
Lake Worth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Stayed there for a weekend. There is no way this hotel has had renovations done. Bring
you own mattress because the beds are very uncomfortable. For what we paid......$75.00 a nite we could have stayed somewhere more decent. If there is a conference or event forget about being able to park in the lot so get there early if you decide to stay. I wrote a comment to the hotels email and I guess they have so many complaints they didnt even acknowledge it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Allow me to begin by apologizing that you did not enjoy your stay. The hotel had been going through periodic renovations in different areas of the hotel, but these renovations had to be put on hold temporarily due to the economy. However, we have recently begun to again renovate sections of the hotel. Again, I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay but I feel that if you were willing to give us another chance you would be much happier with your second stay.

Been to Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!