“Great Hotel, Great Staff and Unbeatable rates” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 South West 13th St., Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Sheraton Gainesville)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hollywood, Florida
“Great Hotel, Great Staff and Unbeatable rates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I have stayed here no less than 10 times in the last few years and I have never been dissapointed. Nothing is perfect but you cant beat the service and value at this property.
I travel constantly for business and this place is a quiet oasis. Rooms and grounds are clean, staff is super nice, even the resturant is good. I dont know where the negative reviews come from. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PlazaMgmt, Front Office Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
Thank you for staying at the Paramount Plaza and taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We greatly appreciate your staying with us a number of times in the past, and we hope that you will continue to stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Paramount Plaza was an affordable yet very nice place to stay at in Gainesville, Florida. From booking the room before our stay to the service we received during our stay, the people working in the lobby couldn't have been any nicer. The rooms were spacious and clean, and they have free WiFi high speed internet, The hotel was located centrally in Gainesville near restaurants, and just a few miles away from the University of Florida. Overall, my experience at this hotel was GREAT and i would definitely stay again the next time i visit Gainesville.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We, at the Paramount, appreciate you taking your time to leave a review. Our property is undergoing major renovations including new mattresses, furniture, carpet, TV's, mini-fridges, and microwaves. Our full service restaurant is also being updated featuring a hot breakfast buffet along with great evening Happy Hour specials. We offer a shuttle service that runs between the airport, Shands hospital, and the University of Florida for guests' convenience. I hope you have a chance to give us another try to experience the changes. I'm sure you will be impressed with the difference in the property since this review was written. Contact us directly to book a reservation!

Respectfully,

Richard Arnold
Rooms Division Manager
(352) 377-4000
Richard@paramountplaza.com
Ventura, California, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Very sketchy area of town, drugs and hookers prevalent. See Naleigh's review below and mine could be identical except my stay was 2 weeks before. I got my room on Priceline and prepaid or I would have left, my Dad was in the hospital at Shands so I only slept there,
but mold and smell unbearable, I had to spray down with lysol before sleeping. The staff was nice though and did refund my "amenity" fee since internet was "down" in my building. The glowing reviews must be bogus or they have different clean rooms for a few guests who have not stayed in a real hotel room before.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Respectfully,

Richard Arnold
Rooms Division Manager
(352) 377-4000
Richard@paramountplaza.com
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Even with a $2.50/day resort fee and taxes, my room was under $60 using AAA discount. It's been a number of years since I stayed at this property and I believe it was a Sheraton then. I was very pleased with our stay. Excellent service, nice size room with a lakeview balcony. The pool is resort size and only had a few people in it when we were there. I had noticed some reviews complained about wireless. I asked when we checked in and we stayed in the 1000 building with no problems at all. Looking at other Gainesville options, the only thing close to this price would be a mom and pop motel or a budget hotel at the interstate and I much prefer something closer to town with some character.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PlazaMgmt, Front Office Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our location. We strive to provide the best value for our guests in Gainesville while still providing all the latest amenities (wireless internet, business center, shuttle service, and fitness center.) Many of our guests do thoroughly enjoy the Paramount Plaza's scenic location on the lake and I am happy to read that you were able to get a lakefront room. I was also thrilled to read that we will be your hotel of choice when in the Gainesville area. Again, thank you for staying with us and sharing your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community.
Oneonta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

My Fraternity brothers met up in Gainesville over the forth of July weekend and had a great stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful with information about the area. We enjoyed having drinks out by the pool and just being able to hang out and socialize in a comfortable setting. My thanks to Dan and his staff for setting us up with a nice reception area at the last minute, the food was fantastic!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for spending your 4th of July weekend at the Paramount Plaza while visiting with old friends. Our staff works to provide excellent customer service to all of our valued guests and I am glad to read that we were able to set up a reception for your reunion at the last minute. If you are ever in need of lodging in Gainesville, I hope we will be your first choice.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Came in town for the weekend to visit some friends and couldn't be happier with my experience at the Paramount Plaza. The front desk was friendly and got me quickly checked in. They also let me know of some fun events going on in the area for the 4th. The room was immaculate and very comfortable. Nothing beats the view of the lake outside our window! The breakfast in the morning was delicious and the staff was very friendly- especially for being there so early. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone- it's close to downtown yet far enough away that you don't have to deal with traffic and the interstate is easily accessible! Thanks Paramount for making my weekend so wonderful!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
It makes me happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property. Our front desk staff is trained to provide the quickest check in and check out process as possible and to assist guests with suggestions of things to do while visiting the area. I am also happy to read that the room was clean and the view was lovely. I look forward to your staying with us again in the future.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Very large old run down hotel in old part of town. Great place to find a hooker or a drug deal. Stay away unless this is what you want. I am telling it like it is This property is misrepresented by the pictures and reviews on the internet. Sorry but I am telling it like I saw it. I checked in apprehensively and then left immediately because I did not feel secure or comfortable there. I only hope I can get my money back, but I would have paid to get out of there..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
The Paramount Plaza is located less then one mile away from the University of Florida and Shands hospital, which is not a run down part of Gainesville. We do not allow local residents, nor do we allow hookers and drug dealers. We are staffed 24 hours a day and feature well lit parking lots, hallways and rooms. We also require a key card to access any guest building, no matter what time of day. Many guests do throroughly enjoy the property and do not feel it is misrepresented. Either way, any guest who is not happy with their room is always allowed to check out without penalty.

Been to Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!