“A good place to stay for Gator games” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites

You added Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 South West 13th St., Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Sheraton Gainesville)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lovettsville
“A good place to stay for Gator games”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is reasonably priced during game weekends. The location is pretty good and they have a shuttle that runs to campus starting 3 hours before and ending 3 hours after the games. They have a shuttle that runs to the airport too, but it stops at 5:30 PM. The hotel is older, but the rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Lake Mary, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I highly recommend this Gainesville hotel as it is only about a mile from campus, and you get a lot for their great, low rates. The manager, Billy, was extremely kind and accommodating. I felt very comfortable and safe during my stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Paramount Plaza was recommended by a staff member at Shands Hospital who said she knew many people who stayed there and never had any complaints.
I can add to those people with no complaints Everyone there was more than helpful and kind. When my husbands short visit turned into 23 days, I was so appreciative of the warmth and kindness of the staff members at the Paramount. Marcel who drove me and picked me up from the hospital every day always asked about my husband. Emily was so helpful each time I had to book further out to extend my stay. She went to great lengths to help me during football weekends. Matthew and Billy were always helpful when I had questions about Gainesville and also called cabs for me when I was leaving early or getting back late. My room was always clean and well stocked with coffee, tea and toiletries. The laundry area was also clean and well lit. However, the true "beauty" was definetly in the caring of the marvelous staff, especially during my difficult time. I would highly recommend this Paramount whenever visiting Gainesville. We will use them exclusively when we return to Gainesville.

The only area which I would like to see improve was the dining area. The menu is very limited and no desserts.

Room Tip: My room on the top floor had a lovely balcony which overlooked the lake though "old" Flori...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Traveling for pleasure and it was a pleasure. The staff were very accommodating at check-in and in Bar/Restaurant. Especially Damon, Vince and Dayli.

Room comfort was wonderful especially the bed.

I would stay here again.

Green Features: Hotel is smart with choices about environmental friendless. Towel and sheet conservation is very smart.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Fruitland Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have visited this hotel at least twice a year since 2007. Travis booked my room and made sure that I was near the door since I have medical issues. Travis was also my driver to and from the hospital for my appointments and was prompt and courteous. The room was sparkling and felt fresh, they completely cleaned the room while I was out that day even though I only requested towels. Read the reviews about the odor and I was in the first building and noticed no odor at all. Great value for travelling and the restaurant is convenient though not remarkable. Service has improved a great deal since a year ago.

Room Tip: The ice machines are in the center of the long hall with rooms on both sides. If you have medical is...
Green Features: You sign a paper saying you'll pay $300if caught smoking.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is where we've always stayed when coming to town to visit my daughter. Great location to almost everything. Each room has it's own private balcony along with fridge/micro/safe. The hallways usually seem to have a strange odor but that doesn't affect anything in the room itself. Staff very friendly--Emily checked me in and out and couldn't have been nicer. I've never had a problem at this hotel and it is especially good for the price.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was traveling through Gainesville, FL in November on business and had booked this hotel for the night. After reading the reviews online I figured that it would be suitable. When I got to the hotel Late in the evening and entered into the lobby there was a pungent smell almost like bad milk. The front desk clerk was very kind and helpful which made me give them the benefit of the doubt as accidents happen. I thought as long as that smell isn't close to my room or in my room it will be fine. The lady told me I was in building 1000 on the top floor. I decided to leave my luggage in the car while I sorted out where my room was and check it out. When I walked into building 1000 that same smell was in there. I walked into my room and at first glance it looked like an outdated hotel room; however within minutes I noticed large marks on the wall and stained carpets. I would have to guess that it may have been water damage as these large stains were on each of the walls. The bathroom was not clean and had a loud freight train sound above it which I quickly ruled out wasn't the fan. I am not a complainer or all together too picky but this was unacceptable and made a reservation at another hotel. The front desk person handled it extremely well. She was very kind, apologetic and hospitable by ensuring the card was refunded. I would not stay there but gave it a two because of the staff and how they resolved my discomfort.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!