One thing I hate about TripAdvisor is all these reviews are unverifiable. What that means is most of these reviews for this motel have been written by the motel. Look at most of the reviewers only have 1 review on Tripadvisor. Notice the management responses to all these "great reviews."
Booked late on an App called Hotel Tonight and after looking at these reviews briefly on Tripadvisor. As soon as I walked in the lobby, I had a feeling that I was not going to have a good experience. That nasty old stinky carpet smell hit me. The guy explained the room was the third building around back and do not take the elevator to the first floor because it is "under water." Then I checked Yelp and saw real reviews! I think Yelp actually has a way to verify and avoid posting fake reviews. I couldn't do it. I could not stay. I asked for a refund right then in lobby. The guy was nice and he said sure but turns out they only gave me half my money back. I never saw the room and from the real reviews here and Yelp I did not need to. There are some real reviews here just keep scrolling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Paramount Plaza Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. Currently being renovated in 2012-13 the Paramount Plaza Hotel & Conference Center offers full service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. Convenient Gainesville Hotel Location The Paramount Plaza is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prarie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffeemakers, wireless internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. The Paramount Plaza offers free shuttle services from 730am to 530pm daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount