“Daniel makes awesome food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 South West 13th St., Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Sheraton Gainesville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #7 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Daniel makes awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is first time I ever went to the paramount plaza. Overall I was very satisfied by the clean rooms and the price. I especially liked the food they provided. The chef named Daniel there is amazing!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

681 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
mrose1008
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This facility has even been a Hilton, and the rooms are enormous, the pool is delicious, and overlooks a classic Florida lake with moss-covered trees at the edge. A good exercise room, and a patio for every room. I've visited Gainesville many times, and always try to stay there. When there's not a convention, rates are very reasonable. Big thanks to Matthew for help checking out after getting in very late. I've never encountered such a friendly staff

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been staying at this hotel for a while and from the front desk clerks Ray, Billy and Travis to the bar and restuarant Allen and Bonnie and of course the cook Daniel all the way to the Maintaence man David they all have been Fantastic. I could imagine staying any where else. They are friendly and very helpfull I appreciate everything they do!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We have stayed here twice when we need to visit Shands. We stayed one other place in Gainesville. The Paramount is the best and great location to hospital. Staff are friendly and provide to notch service.

• Stayed July 2014
Nadine R, Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying at the Paramount plaza Hotel & Suites. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you made use of the amenities that we offer, such as our shuttle service or our hot breakfast buffet. Please remember to contact us directly to book you next stay at the lowest rate. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I found this on-line and we spent a night there, while in Gainseville, We had to stay in Gainseville the next weekend and stayed again.
Both times we had an easy check-in, friendly staff, clean lobby and very clean room.
I know when I go back through we will stay there.
Also, it is family owned and we try to help local people.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

auburn, al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my 1st time in Gainesville and staying at the Paramount made it even better. I had a deluxe double Lakeview and the pool was right outside my room door. All of the staff were friendly. I loved that you had to use your room key to enter the buildings. It made me feel safe and secure. I highly recommend this hotel and I will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014

Pawleys Island, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Don't let the bland exterior fool you. The hallways have not been updated and are a bit dark and "industrial" but the rooms have. They are roomy, clean, modern and have a view of the lake. Ours had a view of some old live oaks and if you leaned over, you could see the lake. All rooms have a sliding glass door opening onto a private porch. Beware of mosquitoes; it is Florida, after all. Front desk staff was professional and attentive. If we were passing through Gainesville, we'd definitely stay here again. Hotel is a short drive to the center of town. Only negative was that the restaurant was nothing to write home about. Saying it has a "lake view" is generous. We had drinks there and then ate in the downtown area.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking or close to the lake.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nadine R, Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

NG/RDM

Been to Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!