I own a small business that services universities in the southeast. When traveling for work, I am always looking for a low cost hotel that is clean and a comfortable bed. You will get that and SO MUCH more at Paramount. I have been here 7 times over the last year and it is my FAVORITE work-related hotel. Its a combination of work and mini-vacation. Yes, the facility is older but the clean rooms are spacious, the beds are SUPER comfortable and the shower is hot. The Lakeside Grille is a hidden gem and amazingly good, especially for the price. Mitchell is behind the bar and waits on the tables in the bar area. Your glass will stay full and he is very attentive. 3-7:00 is happy hour and I highly recommend the Southern Living Fries and the Rueben Sandwich! I've ordered the chocolate chip cookies and milk sent to my room and the cookies were hot and the milk ice cold. You will not find a friendlier staff from the front desk, the Grille, maintenance and housekeeping. I use the online coupon when I stay and unfortunately I came the weekend of the UF/UGA game and the coupon cannot be redeemed at 80% capacity, and they were over that. I emailed the Manager, Robert, about it and he personally called me about my email the following morning. Robert and his staff have made huge improvements since my first stay last December and are continuing to do so. I cant imagine ever considering staying anywhere
else. I read a review about bugs and in the year that I have been staying here, I have never seen one indoors. This hotel is great for work, attending a game, visiting your student or UF. The average person will not be disappointed. Paramount is Gainesville's version of a mini-resort. Like I said, I cannot say enough, I love it...especially for the coupon price. You won't find a better deal anywhere in
Gainesville. FYI: when using the coupon, you receive a non-renovated room, but Ray at the front desk offered a renovated room for $15 more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Paramount Plaza Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. Renovated in 2012-13, the Paramount Plaza Hotel & Conference Center offers full-service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. Convenient Gainesville Hotel Location The Paramount Plaza is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prairie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffee makers, wireless Internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. The Paramount Plaza offers free shuttle services from 7:30 a.M. To 5:30 p.M. Daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount