“CANNOT SAY ENOUGH” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites

You added Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 South West 13th St., Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Sheraton Gainesville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlants
“CANNOT SAY ENOUGH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I own a small business that services universities in the southeast. When traveling for work, I am always looking for a low cost hotel that is clean and a comfortable bed. You will get that and SO MUCH more at Paramount. I have been here 7 times over the last year and it is my FAVORITE work-related hotel. Its a combination of work and mini-vacation. Yes, the facility is older but the clean rooms are spacious, the beds are SUPER comfortable and the shower is hot. The Lakeside Grille is a hidden gem and amazingly good, especially for the price. Mitchell is behind the bar and waits on the tables in the bar area. Your glass will stay full and he is very attentive. 3-7:00 is happy hour and I highly recommend the Southern Living Fries and the Rueben Sandwich! I've ordered the chocolate chip cookies and milk sent to my room and the cookies were hot and the milk ice cold. You will not find a friendlier staff from the front desk, the Grille, maintenance and housekeeping. I use the online coupon when I stay and unfortunately I came the weekend of the UF/UGA game and the coupon cannot be redeemed at 80% capacity, and they were over that. I emailed the Manager, Robert, about it and he personally called me about my email the following morning. Robert and his staff have made huge improvements since my first stay last December and are continuing to do so. I cant imagine ever considering staying anywhere
else. I read a review about bugs and in the year that I have been staying here, I have never seen one indoors. This hotel is great for work, attending a game, visiting your student or UF. The average person will not be disappointed. Paramount is Gainesville's version of a mini-resort. Like I said, I cannot say enough, I love it...especially for the coupon price. You won't find a better deal anywhere in
Gainesville. FYI: when using the coupon, you receive a non-renovated room, but Ray at the front desk offered a renovated room for $15 more.

• Stayed November 2013
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm so glad to see that you have continued to have excellent stays with us and that you notice our improvements. Our property is undergoing renovations and making changes in all departments to improve the guest experience offered here. We cannot wait to have you stay again!

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I average 100 hotel nights per year over the past 10 years. I have NEVER had to pay a fee to check in early. I arrived at 1pm and so the extra was $20...The charged me a $2.50 amenity fee, for soap and shampoo?... My $7.50 omelet and two $2 coffees ($11.50) somehow turned into $17.95...I asked for a late check out, but they said they were full, but on my bill, I noticed there was an option for late check out fee... Because I like reliability, I will NEVER stay here again as a Business person I need flexibility.

Other than this, the hotel was very well kept, the rooms very nice and the location for UF and Shands hospital perfect. The breakfast was great, the staff was superior and the property was well maintained. I despise opportunistic practices... I will never return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
We appreciate you leaving us a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the property while you were here. I see that you experienced out Lakeside Bar and Grill which is our full service restaurant. I hope you were able to make use of our other amenities that we offer, such as our shuttle service and business center. I would love the opportunity to discuss the fees that you mentioned further. Please feel free to contact me directly using the phone number below.

(352) 377-4000 ext. 3420
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel is immaculate. Close to Shands Hospital and The University of Florida. Hotel offers free shuttle to Shands and Gainesville Airport. The restaurant has a delicious breakfast buffet and the lunch and dinner menu is incredible. Laundry facility onsite which was handy because we had an extended stay. Room was very clean and hotel staff are very friendly and professional. I highly recommend the Paramount Plaza Hotel and Suites! 5 stars!

Room Tip: Select the double queen room.
Green Features: Read about Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites's environmentally friendly practices...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay we us and made use of our amenities, such as the on-site laundry machines. I hope you enjoyed one of our lake view rooms overlooking Bivens Arm Lake Wildlife Preserve. it really adds a special experience here at the hotel. If you wish to stay with us again, please contact us directly to book at the lowest rates. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just moved to Gainesville from Ireland for a job opportunity. I had originally booked in here for one week but ended up needing to stay for a month due to apartment issues. The staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating!! Everyday you were greeted with a smile and nothing was ever too much trouble. Richard, Billy and Travis on the front desk were so friendly and helpful and Marcel who drives the free shuttle gave me VIP treatment everyday. I would highly recommend this hotel if your looking for somewhere that truly cares about their customers, is clean and well maintained, is a good location to all amenities and who above all give 100%.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your lovely review! We loved having you stay with us. We do all that we can to offer a quality guest experience for every stay. I'm glad we were able to offer shuttle service to and from Shands hospital while your apartment was settling. Hopefully you'll remember the Paramount next time you need a hotel room in Gainesville. We'd love to have you stay again!

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel was actually a Conference Center, it seemed nice from outside, the lobby, bar etc. However the rooms smelled musty, the bed was "incredibly" uncomfortable and the pillows were not pillows for sleep. But rather the size of small decor pillows, needless to say we had a very restless night. I awoke up at 5am due to pain in my side, which one day later i still have. The price was very cheap that should have tipped me off...It boosts about being on a lake, your not! you have a glimpse of one. If you smoke their are "no" designated smoking areas. Overall I will choose Motel 6 next time over this hotel. I ask for some type of comp due to no sleep, and an am appointment at Shands Cancer Hospital. No such courtesy shown, on the bright side the Lounge had a very nice bartender. We had a drink made specifically for my husband and did it till he got it right, then waited on our daughter and left for dinner elsewhere. Caution hallways are not well lit and rather long...Restaurant only offers certain items and at a price, I just cannot recommend this hotel I really disliked it so much even the price does not compensate for a good nights sleep!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Green Features: They were environmentally friendly...but that pertain to you not using too much water.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. We are, in fact, a Hotel and Conference center with many different style ballrooms to choose from if you are looking to hold an event. As you may have noticed, our property is undergoing major room renovations which include new mattresses, carpeting, furniture, microwaves and mini-fridges. I have received many compliments on our new mattresses so hopefully you will come back one day and try them out. Our property is located directly on Bivens Arm Lake and we do offer rooms with an outstanding views of the lake. It does not sound like you opted for one of these rooms but if you contact us directly to book your reservation, we can make sure to put you in one. Our pool and gazebo as well as our Lakeside Bar and Grill overlook the lake.

As you may have noticed, our property is Green Leader on TripAdvisor. All of our rooms and balconies are non-smoking to reduce our environmental footprint and to ensure a quality stay for all of our guests. If a guest chooses to smoke, we DO offer designated smoking areas between our buildings or in the lakeside pool area.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy our Lakeside Bar and Grill. It is a full service restaurant offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner so I'm sure there were plenty of items to choose from. We also have great happy hour specials on drinks and appetizers every evening.

Overall, I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I hope that you would contact me directly if you wish to stay again so I may personally oversee your reservation. All of us here at the Paramount Plaza strive for 100% guest satisfaction and will do all that we can to ensure that you have a wonderful stay.

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nicely landscaped grounds. Didn't have time to enjoy the pool, etc since this was a business trip. Convenient location. Bed was comfortable. Rooms were a little dated as this is an older hotel, but they have tried to freshen up the property recently.

Room Tip: Ask for room in newly updated building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! As you know, our property is undergoing major renovations including new carpet, mattresses, furniture, microwaves, and mini-fridges. The property was built in the 70's but the renovations are making a huge difference. I would also suggest that you take advantage of our lake view rooms overlooking Bivens Arm Lake. Contact us directly to book your next stay. We look forward to hearing from you again.

Palmetto, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was my fourth trip to this hotel. I have returned annually for the last 4 years due to the fine service and caring attitude of the staff, especially Allen, the bar host in the lounge. I suffered a personal tragedy while there the first time, and his concern and graciousness helped tremendously. He continues to offer the same great service today and recognizes me to this day although I am only there one weekend a year. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious and kept wonderfully clean by the staff. Destine was in charge of room this trip and upheld the high standards I have come to expect from this hotel. I will stay there any time I am in the Gainesville area.

Room Tip: I have stayed in several areas of the hotel and have had an enjoyable stay in all.
Green Features: This hotel participates in the green practice of hang the towels if you would re-use and place card is bedding is okay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to see that we were able to help you with your visits to Gainesville. Our staff is focused on 100% guest satisfaction and it's great to hear our employees recognized by name. I hope you contact us again for your next stay to book at the lowest rate! We look forward to seeing you again.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!