Stayed a night in the Paramount Plaza for a Gator game recently. While going to UF I had heard not so nice things about the hotel, but coming back 5 years later I thought the place was nice. The rooms were nicely setup and the bathrooms were decent. If they remodeled recently, it shows. The employees were really helpful and friendly. Richard was even able to get us checked a little bit early so we could go about our day in the town we love so much.
My only 2 sticking points are the light being on in the balcony (which if you close the curtains and put something like the small table to hold the curtains flush against the wall it blocks it mostly) and the lack of a fan in the bathroom. Both of those things I know the hotel really can't help. Outside those it was a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Paramount Plaza Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. Renovated in 2012-13, the Paramount Plaza Hotel & Conference Center offers full-service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. Convenient Gainesville Hotel Location The Paramount Plaza is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prairie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffee makers, wireless Internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. The Paramount Plaza offers free shuttle services from 7:30 a.M. To 5:30 p.M. Daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount