“Go Gators!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites

You added Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 South West 13th St., Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Sheraton Gainesville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
djvogeli
“Go Gators!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed a night in the Paramount Plaza for a Gator game recently. While going to UF I had heard not so nice things about the hotel, but coming back 5 years later I thought the place was nice. The rooms were nicely setup and the bathrooms were decent. If they remodeled recently, it shows. The employees were really helpful and friendly. Richard was even able to get us checked a little bit early so we could go about our day in the town we love so much.

My only 2 sticking points are the light being on in the balcony (which if you close the curtains and put something like the small table to hold the curtains flush against the wall it blocks it mostly) and the lack of a fan in the bathroom. Both of those things I know the hotel really can't help. Outside those it was a great stay.

Go Gators!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to see that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our property is undergoing major renovations including new carpet, mattresses, furniture, microwaves, and mini-fridges. I appreciate your suggestions and we will be looking into what we can do to correct the issues. I hope you made use of the amenities we have, such as the hot breakfast buffet or lakeside pool! Make sure you contact us directly to ensure the lowest rate.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Fort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed over the weekend so that we could attend the Florida/Arkansas football game. All we wanted was a clean room and comfortable beds... and knowing that the Paramount is one of the nicer hotels in Gainesville...that's exactly what we got. Zero complaints. Richard was able to help us get set up with reservations with no problems.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay and that I could help you with your reservation. Our property is undergoing major renovations including new carpet, furniture, mattresses, microwaves, and mini-fridges. I hope you made use of the gameday shuttle that we offered to and from the University of Florida. Make sure you contact us directly so you can book at the lowest possible rate!

Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We attended a workshop at Florida University and enjoyed our stay at the Paramount. Friendly and helpful staff in the hotel, the shuttle service as well as in the restaurant. We were even offered water and coffee to take to our rooms after dinner. The rooms are spacious with all the necessary amenities. And to top it all the rates are very affordable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is anything that you feel needs to be addressed with your stay, or suggestions as to how we could have earned a better rating from you, please contact me directly. We are always looking to improve.

Richard@paramountplaza.com
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel is an outstanding value at $96.00 per night.
My room was very clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly and professional. The location is in a safe, quiet area near the Interstate.
Kenny in the restaurant, Robin and the desk staff makes the stay a pleasant one for any traveler.
The breakfast buffet is adequate but still a value at $5.95.
Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the small lake.
Side note: Any place that hands out Tripadvisor comments cards like these folks has excellent management and cares.

Room Tip: Again, ask for balcony overlooking lake. Cannot judge the spa as I wasn't interested so I put e...
Green Features: Appears excellent, all the notices and bathroom items where in line with environmental policy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. It's wonderful to see that you had a pleasant experience with us. Our staff works hard to ensure that our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay. I hope you made use of the amenities we offer, such as the lakeside pool and renovated fitness center! Contact us directly to ensure the lowest rate on your next booking.

Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband was treated at Shands and the Paramount Plaza was suggested because of their hospital patient discount and it is close to the hospital and cancer center. We stayed at the Paramount two separate weeks in July and were there six weeks the last of August through September. I spoke with Patrick to set up the reservations for the six weeks. I explained what my husband would need and everything was ready when we got there. Joseph, Travis, Ray and everyone else were very friendly and prompt when we needed anything. House keeping understood that my husband was having chemo and kept everything clean for us. They are very nice and caring. We will stay there any time we have to stay in Gainesville.
We were there for the start of school and one weekend there were a lot of kids staying. We wouldn't have known if we hadn't asked because both the buildings were very quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our property is focused on 100% guest satisfaction and it is great to see our employees' hard work being recognized publicly. I hope you made use of our shuttle service to and from Shands hospital! Contact us directly to book your next stay!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband was in the Gainesville hospital for a routine operation. We were only suppose to be there for 3 days. I ended up staying 4 weeks. The staff took such good care of me. They shuttled me to and from the hospital. They brought me to the store when I needed to get some much needed supplies and made sure I had a fridge and microwave. Ray always greeted me with a smile and kind words. He helped me with whatever I needed. I could never say Thank you enough to Ray and his staff!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you Yvonne for your wonderful review. We loved having you stay with us and it's great to see that you enjoyed it as well. I'm glad you made use of our shuttle service to and from Shands Hospital. It's just one of the many amenities we offer here. If you need to stay again, make sure you contact us directly to ensure the lowest rate. From all of us here at the Paramount Plaza, we appreciate your continued business and loyalty.

Milledgeville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Paramount Plaza Hotel was chosen as a conference hotel and seemed to have an adequate number of meeting rooms. There is a nice restaurant/bar on premise with an overlook to an outdoor pool, gazebo, and lake. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were clean and had a mini-fridge with microwave. On the other side of the coin, the hotel appeared very worn and outdated. The main door to my complex (the 2000 bldg.) did not require a key card to enter. A pull on the door was all that was necessary to gain entry. There was an outdoor doorway entry to a stairwell that was not possible to enter because the key card device on the door was broken. Once to the room door in the hallway, the key was extremely difficult to make work. After one evenings arrival it took 23 attempts with the key card to make the door open. As I inquired with others who stayed there with the conference I found this to be a common problem. Lastly, the room actually had only ONE electric socket of one outlet not already in use. If I wanted to charge my phone and laptop, I needed to unplug either a lamp, television, or clock.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank for leaving us a review. Our property is undergoing major renovations and new locks are being put onto all of our buildings. Our rooms are also receiving new carpet, furniture, mattresses, microwaves, and mini-fridges. I hope you choose to stay with us again so you can experience the difference in our rooms. Hopefully you'll book one of our lake view rooms with a breath taking view of Bivens Arm Lake. We are the ONLY lakefront hotel in Gainesville! Contact us directly to ensure the lowest available rate.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!