This was a bad experience from the start. I called for reservations so I could get a special price. My group was meeting there for a weekend. Because these reservations were handled by "Sales", I had to call three times before someone would sign me up. I arrived early and they were kind enough to store my luggage until check-in. When I finally signed in, they had me down for the day before, and wanted to charge me with a late fee. After convincing them I hadn't reserved for that day, they signed me in. There was a large family group registering and I asked if they would be close to me, since reunions are sometimes noisy into the late evening. I was told they were in a different building from mine. I got my key cards and began unloading my car, but the keys wouldn't unlock the door without a half dozen tries. The desk sent a maintenance person, and he said, "Lift up on the handle." I did, and after only three tries the lock released. It was the same throughout my stay, and a royal pain. The room was drab, tatty and unattractive. The furniture was old and one lamp wouldn't work. The closet door was almost impossible to open and close. The bath was ok, but the toilet screamed when flushed. The A/C was quiet and efficient, and the view out the sliding glass door was pleasant. Of course the family group WAS not only on my floor but directly across the hall, but quiet (thank heavens). The elevator to the main exit floor was slow and the door ground as it opened and closed. The buttons didn't stay lit when pushed, and the arrows on the exterior call buttons went in all directions. The hall wasn't vacuumed in the two and half days of my stay. My wet towels and bathmat weren't picked up from the bath floor. No free breakfast here, but some alternative pricing makes it ok. My group had a farewell breakfast the last day and the wait staff were excellent. The receipt is nearly indecipherable. I had to ask for help in figuring out what I was paying.
I'm amazed that they are in business. If the renovation continues it may be a reasonable place to stay, but I don't want to be there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Paramount Plaza Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. Renovated in 2012-13, the Paramount Plaza Hotel & Conference Center offers full-service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. Convenient Gainesville Hotel Location The Paramount Plaza is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prairie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffee makers, wireless Internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. The Paramount Plaza offers free shuttle services from 7:30 a.M. To 5:30 p.M. Daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount