Stayed here for one night -- a comp room through the University of Florida. So "value" of room was lost on me. This is a budget property. As much as you try, you can't put lipstick on a pig and call it a prom date.
Nice staff; manager escorted me to my room when initially my key did not work
Decent cosmetic renovations make it appear nicer/from this decade
Very nice and clean shuttle bus, service and driver
Room was quite large
Had to walk outside in the rain to my room in the 1000 building. Room key didn't work.
Back to Lobby in rain. A bummer at 11:30pm after traveling.
No snacks/water for purchase; had to rely on floor vending machine
Finally got to room, vending machine wouldn't take my dollar bills; had to go to another floor
Oldest/grimiest hotel elevator I've seen in a while; also extremely slow
No reading lamp in room next to bed -- tried to move a lamp; no outlet. Stretched floor lamp across room as close to bed as possible
Mattress felt cheap/poor quality
Couldn't figure out how to turn off the very bright balcony light
Noisy AC unit
VERY slippery bathroom floors. Be sure to use mats.
Bring ear plugs. You can hear every door/every thing in the hallways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Paramount Plaza Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. Renovated in 2012-13, the Paramount Plaza Hotel & Conference Center offers full-service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. Convenient Gainesville Hotel Location The Paramount Plaza is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prairie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffee makers, wireless Internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. The Paramount Plaza offers free shuttle services from 7:30 a.M. To 5:30 p.M. Daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount