but I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me! As I was waiting to get my room key, the front desk person answered the phone and told the caller, "No, we don't rent by the hour". That should have been the first clue! However, I went forward. The first room I was given smelled of smoke (this is a "100% smoke-free facility") so I asked to be moved. The second room didn't smell like smoke, but I so didn't feel safe here. I ended up staying for one night ($49.40 was way more than the room was worth), but my co-worker refused to stay. (Interestingly enough, when she went to the front desk and said "I just checked in..." the person at the front desk didn't even let her finish before he asked if she wanted a refund). I should have gone with her to another hotel!
Until they get rid of the mold, smell, dubious guests, etc., I will not return. Gainesville, you deserve better than this.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Plaza Hotel
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Paramount Plaza Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. Currently being renovated in 2012-13 the Paramount Plaza Hotel & Conference Center offers full service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. Convenient Gainesville Hotel Location The Paramount Plaza is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prarie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffeemakers, wireless internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. Those guest that enjoy church services, Westside Baptist Church holds services in our Grand Ballroom every Sunday starting at 11am. The Paramount Plaza offers free shuttle services from 730am to 530pm daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Olotels, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.