“Nice, clean room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites

You added Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 South West 13th St., Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Sheraton Gainesville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ohio
“Nice, clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed one night in December. Upon checking in, I asked if there was a discount for AAA members. Snarky response of " Uhhh, not if you don't tell me before I give you your price". How will I know if I am getting a discount if I tell her first? Oh well, room was recently updated, clean and provided a good night's sleep. Would probably stay there again, snarky employee aside.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Robert K, General Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We always take the good with the bad and use comments to coach our staff. I would like to apoligize for the rude comment that you received, I can assure you that is not the norm for our staff. I am proud to say that we have made great changes at our property and would like to offer you a discounted rate when you return to the area. Please contact me direct at 352-377-4000. Thank you for your time, Robert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Spacious room, clean and courteous staff. All rooms have balcony. Great price!

Adjacent rooms not so private. As you can hear everything.

Overall enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend and do again.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you Marlene for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would return again. If your ever in the area again please contact us direct to book and save. 353 377 4000 !
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was here for only one night but have stayed here before. Each time the rooms were clean and suitable. The room was large, bed comfortable, service friendly. This time I ate dinner and the salmon was perfect. I've stayed in crappy hotels for the same price, so at this rate ($60) it was a steal!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
PlazaMgmt, Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
HI Erica!

Thank you so much for your glowing review. We sincerely enjoyed serving you on your stay! The Blackened Salmon Salad is one of my favorite entrees on our Lakeside Grill's menu. I'm glad you also appreciated our new larger beds. We took the extra step with our recent rennovations in getting larger thicker pillow top mattresses, and I'm glad they have made a difference. Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Bedford, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

In the past, I have used a coupon from Roomsaver to get a room here for $39.99. During my last visit they would not honor this rate. They said that no rooms were available at this rate, but they did have some at a higher rate of $48.95. The strange part of this is that the 2 rooms that we rented last time at the $39.99 rate were empty and not used while we were there this trip.
Also, the room that we were given had dirty towels and was not very clean. The balcony was dirty, towels were missing and our ice bucket was missing. It appeared that our room was used for a short time, and then never cleaned. I would suggest that if you stay here, see the room first to see if it is clean and if they will not honor the rate move on to another hotel as there are lots of them nearby. Also, I would agree with others that have stayed here about the ammenities charge of $2.50. What is this for? The pool is always so dirty that it is never used. What other ammenities are they talking about? I would love to know what they are. I know that it is only $2.50, but the point is that it should be removed as a charge. I think that our next visit to Gainesville will be to another hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I would like to offer my sincerest personal apologizes for any problems occured on your stay. This was definitely not our goal nor intention and as you can tell by our numerous good ratings, not our normal way of doing business. Our amenity not only allows for access to the pool, but it also have features like a complimentary shuttle service to and from some of Gainesville's largest attractions, convenient access to our business center and fitness room, a full service restaurant with nightly happy hours and complete room service menu, as well as over 70 cable channels for your enjoyment in your room. Also included is free Wi-Fi, which most hotels charge a daily fee for. I'm glad we were still able to accomodate you at a very reasonable rate, even though the coupons were not being honored on that sold out weekend. Many thanks for your stay and I appreciate your feedback!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Paramount plaza is comfortable place to stay whether long term or short term.the staff is very professional and they offer shuttle service. The rooms are very nice; it is located on a natural preservation ....I saw a alligator swimming. But have no fear there is a fence to keep them from coming on the property. Also Lots of pretty birds.

Room Tip: They are currently remodeling the first floor in building 2000.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
rob1302, General Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on your recent day. We have taken great strides to improve the Paramount Plaza Hotel Suites. We are changing everything in our guest rooms to our restaurant. We are glad that you noticed. We hope that when you are back in the Gainesville area again that you will allow us to accomidate you. If you do stay please book direct at 352-377-4000.
Robert Knight
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was a lovely hotel by a lake and not at all what we expected for our stop over travelling back to Orlando. The reception was large and airy with free internet and a nice restaurant with very friendly staff. We had a large room with balcony overlooking the gardens. The lake is right next to the hotel but unfortunately it was raining when we arrived so we could not take a walk that evening. Would really recommend saing here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We take great pride in offering our guest an experiance the deserve. The Paramount Plaza offers great booking discounts and offer plush style rooms. Our 7.5 acre property has everything that a full service hotel has to offer from room service to same day laundry. A large pool deck that overlooks Bivens Lake. We even have onsite Avis Rent A Car. We know that you have many choices when staying in the Gainesville area and we are glad you chose us. If your ever in the area again, Please feel free to contact me direct at 352-377-4000

Robert Knight
Canaveral
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Here for my son's graduation (so glad the other parents had a better location - my son would have been embarassed). Have to walk down the first flight of stairs, get on the elevator and go down one floor, and hope the door opens. Get what you pay for. But it is clean. I do wonder though about fire, if you can't get in can you get out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PlazaMgmt, Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Well we try to take the good feedback along with the bad feedback as a way to improve ourselves. We have brand new elevators being ordered right now! I'm glad you noticed how clean we keep our property and I'm also glad that we have already taken corrective actions to improve upon the problems you noted. Many thanks for taking the time to give us feedback and your concerns are always welcomed.

Tracy Ryan

Been to Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!