Some quirks that need fixing, but a decent two night stay here, thanks to a reservation made by my university hosts when I couldn't find a decently priced room for a Friday night during a football weekend. Large hotel that requires you go outside again to get to your room. Elevators did not really work: sometimes would not come, or would require you to keep pushing the button, sometimes would go down and then go up, or vice versa. Rooms of nice size, no complaints there. They gave me a room with a "lake view," which might have been nicer if the weather had not been overcast/chilly all during my stay.
Breakfast was either 6 dollars on weekdays or 9 dollars on weekends. (The hotel gave me coupons for "continental breakfast", that meant I could have paid 3 dollars more on the weekend for the "full" cooked breakfast. But for some reason, juice was additional cost for either option.) Free shuttle to airport and UF (by appointment) did work.
There was some confusion between the university and the hotel about my arrival date and my reservation. To the credit of the hotel management and front desk, they did make sure to accommodate me and to ultimately give me the lower priced rate I was led to believe I would be paying.
Seems to be extremely popular during UF athletic events, and the UF football team stayed there overnight the Friday I was there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Paramount Plaza Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. Renovated in 2012-13, the Paramount Plaza Hotel & Conference Center offers full-service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. Convenient Gainesville Hotel Location The Paramount Plaza is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prairie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffee makers, wireless Internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. The Paramount Plaza offers free shuttle services from 7:30 a.M. To 5:30 p.M. Daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount