“Gainesville trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites

You added Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 South West 13th St., Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Sheraton Gainesville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Gainesville trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

we stayed at the Paramount again for our trip to hospital every three months and were not disappointed. we love staying here, only wish we had more time for fun. We were able to check out the Lakeside grille this time. The breafast buffet was wonderful and excellent value for price, along with great service. thank you for being home away from home when we have to come for doctors visits.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PlazaMgmt, Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hi Robin! Reading reviews like this completely puts a smile on our faces! I'm glad we were able to make you feel like you were at home during this visit. We aim to have everyone feel like family. Many thanks!!! See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We found this hotel on our phone looking for a place to stay and it had a great price. Figured it would be a dump ended up being very clean and very nice staff. Comfortable beds. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Isn't technology great! We even offer Wireless internet to all our of guests! Thank you for enjoying your stay and I hope to see you soon!
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wow! We travel to Gainesville Florida once a year for my wife's cancer check up at Shands Hospital. Chose to stay a little closer this year. What a great choice. We were greeted by very happy employees at the front desk. The room was well decorated and spacious. The rest. left a little to be desired but we were told the chef had just quit. Non the less the food was good and the prices were in line. We will be staying at the Plaza from now on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PlazaMgmt, Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hi David!
I'm so glad that we could help you and your family during your wif'e's cancer check up. We know that those times in life can be stressful to everyone, and I'm glad we could help as much as possible. We are currently working on rennovations throughout the entire property, including the resturant, so we will be top notch by the time you return next. Looking forward to seeing you soon, hopefully for a fun trip sometime!
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Used coupon out of hotel coupon book we found at Interstate rest area. $39 for $79 room. Room was clean and quite comfortable. Personnel were extremely helpful and polite. We also had a coupon from same ad, for a BOGO breakfast at in-hotel resturant. Wonderful large selection of fresh food buffet style with eggs and beverages brought to table. Waitress even offered us coffee to go as we were traveling. Breakfast was only $5.99. Hotel is 2mi from Internet and therefore not noisy, but easy to get to. Cheap rooms are on lower level which is damp and dark.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PlazaMgmt, Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I'm so glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us! Especially glad to hear that we were able to provide you with a little some extra special by offering a to-go coffee. We train out employees to treat everyone like family, and we hope you felt like family. Travel safe and stay well.
Bedford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and they honored a coupon for $39.99 per night. The front desk staff was very helpful in getting us 2 adjoining rooms. The rooms are very spacious and very clean. We ate in the restaurant, and I would advise that you find somewhere else to eat. Our meal not not very good, but the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest and thoughtful response!! I'm so glad we could accomodate your request to have adjoining rooms. We have many different types of rooms and they can be adjoined to fit your needs. Thank you as well for your thoughts on the restaurant. We agree and are currently working to improve. We have undergone rennovations and are looking forward to all of our improvements! We just released a new menu that has received great reviews. Please give me a call directly at 352-240-0172 the next time you stay with us and I will make sure your restaurant experience is the absolute best!
Many thanks!
Tracy Ryan
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family from Ft. Myers, Ft Lauderdale, Miami and Tallahassee stayed at Paramount Plaza on 08/31/2012---09/02/2012 we really enjoyed our stay our rooms was so CLEAN, the front office Mike & Tima was very nice, our housekeeper was so on point very helpful very knowledge of there job. If and when we return to Gainesville, FL we will stay at The Paramount Plaze Hotel. Also we meet Mrs. C. Booker the supervisor of housekeeping was very helpful I had two grandkids with me we needed a roll away bed she got it to us in minutes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Robert K, Assistant General Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to write such a nice review on your recent stay. We strive to provide the highest level of Guest Services to all our guest and make each stay a memorable one. Thank you also for taking time to list the staff members that helped you. We like to reward them for a job well done. When you decide to return to the Gainesville area feel free to contact us directly 352-377-4000.
Daytona Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I went to this hotel for what I thought would be a good stay. I was wrong, as it turned out to be a slight nightmare.

Let me first say that the one good thing about this place is the outstanding customer service. Every single employee that I interacted with was incredibly professional and personable. I must give them credit for that.

To describe the room, the pictures online looked great but they must have been taken a while ago. The room that my sister and I were in had an old, musty smell and the ceiling looked to have water damage. The headboard, which is made of the same material as a couch smelled old and musty as well like maybe the patio door was left open and the room got soaked.

Now for the nightmare, the first night staying there with my sister was fine until I woke up around 4 am and found a bug in my bed. I'm afraid of bugs so I was horrified to see it and it looked like it was making it's way towards my face. I wrote it off thinking that maybe it was a tick or some random bug from outside, since we were in a room near a wooded area (nature happens). The next night was fine for me but my sister woke up with bug bites on her lower back, the back of her neck, and under her chin. When she got out of bed and pulled the sheets back, there were two bugs crawling around. After some research we found out that they were bed bugs (Thank you google). We did look up ticks as well and the shape was not the same. These bed bugs were big as if they had been having great meals for a while.

My sister trapped two of them in a cup of water so that we may show the front desk staff. They didn't know what to do and told us to call or come back to speak with a manager. After a discussion with a manager, there are still no results. The conversation took place yesterday, 9/10/12, and the biting took place 9/9/12. I hope we get some results and that you don't experience any of this except for the great customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Robert K, General Manager at Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. Our staff takes pride in offering great hospitality and accomidations to every guest. I have taken great strides to correct any issues that may have happened during your stay. If you are ever in the area again and need accomidations please feel free to contact me direct at 352-377-4000 ext 3301.

Been to Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!