“Great place right off the interstate!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand

You added BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4200 Northwest 97th Boulevard, Gainesville, FL 32606-3742   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great place right off the interstate!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

When arriving to this hotel I thought it would just be a typical best western especially since it was right off the interstate. However, the first thing we enjoyed was that it was right next to Dairy Queen and Dunkin Donuts which came in handy for snacks or meals. When we walked into the hotel late afternoon the hotel was amazing. Very clean and organized lobby area which you can also see the eating area. I was able to use my state employee discount which made the room very affordable. The hotel was full because of a church convention but you would have never noticed because the hotel is so large you hardly see anyone unless your eating in the common area or swimming in the nice big pool they have. The breakfast was so so. You had to pay an extra $3 if you want eggs or an omellete. The only breakfast that is free was the do it yourself waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal and fruit. The two main reasons I chose this hotel was for the room service and it was pet friendly. They do have a restaurant as part of the hotel which serves up a variety of food. I would personally recommend the Florida Orange Cake. OMG!!! Sooooo Good :). Overall the experience was great and the only complain I had was the parking. Due to the hotel being packed to maximum capacity when we backed at the hotel after dinner we had to park a good ways away and walk to the hotel entrance. Other than that I would say if your staying in Gainesville and looking for a nice place to stay this would be it. Its right off the interstate but you do not even hear the traffic at all.

Room Tip: I would request a room away from the pool which is usually a little loud because most of the visitor...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Vince S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments! We are so glad that our on-site restaurant, the Gators Den Sports Grill, and close proximity to the Dairy Queen and Dunkin Donuts made your stay more convenient!

The Florida Orange Cake you had at the Gators Den is a fan favorite, and of course we have other great desserts for you to try on your next stay, like the Chocolate Grand!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Lantana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

absolutely one of the finest hotels on the interstate hwy. We have stayed here a number of times and have never been disappointed. We travel with our schnauzer dog "FIONA" and she also enjoys her stay here

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Vince S, Rooms Division Manager at BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your repeat patronage! We hope that our dog walking station makes easier for you and Fiona. As many of our staff are pet owners ourselves, we do everything we can to make things convenient for our guests traveling with their furry family members!

We'll look forward to your next stay!
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

For the last 5 years, when I have to do business in this area, I stay here. I try to finish my business early, because they have a nice pool area, very relaxing,and I try to spend a couple fo hours there before going back to my room to do paperwork. The rooms are very spacious, and the staff is wonderful. I also like that there is a resturant attached to the hotel, and there is a Dairy Queen just down the road for a evening walk. The breakfast is good enough for me. Even though the hotel sits right on the interstate, I have never heard the traffic from it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Vince S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your business over these past five years! We will continue to do everything we can to make sure your stay is relaxing and enjoyable.

As a long-time guest, you will be excited to know that we have many renovations in the works at the moment. Not only are we in the process of getting entirely new furniture for our Double and King rooms, we will soon be getting brand new carpet in all of the public areas of the hotel!

Thank you again, we look forward to the next five years!
Alachua, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The Gateway Grand is a beautiful hotel...inside and out. The Spanish style lobby lovely pool area and extra comfortable beds, plus a cooked-to-order breakfast make this a great hotel for business or pleasure. I will stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'll make sure that the housekeeping, maintenance, and grounds keeping staff who work so hard to keep our hotel looking beautiful receive these comments!

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed a good nights sleep, as we just received all new beds in our Traditional Double and King Deluxe rooms!

We can't wait for your next stay!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Very nice property that isn't easy to find off the exit. Nice pool and hot tub and a good breakfast.
King room was spacious but a long way from the front desk. Bar/Restaurant was outside around the Hotel ...quite unusual...but overall a good value close to Gainesville

Room Tip: Ask for close to the elevator
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay. I apologize for the inconvenience you had in locating the property, please feel free to call us any time if you need directions or route recommendations.

I'm glad you enjoyed the spacious King Deluxe Mini-Suite, with the half-wall that separates the room into a sleeping and sitting area. I'm sorry to hear that your room was further from the lobby than you prefer. As certain areas tend to fill up quick, you can always tell us any preferences you have when making your reservation, and we'll do everything we can to hold a room for you that will meet your needs!
Canton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

When I made reservations for a night stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Gateway Grand in Gainesville, FL, all I was looking for was the assurance that my room would have a handicapped bathroom friendly with a roll-in-shower.
I have to say that when we got the first view of this hotel we were so pleasantly surprised. We felt as if we had arrived into one of those ‘medievail hostels’ that you find in Europe. And that feeling stayed with us all through the parking lot –for we found ample and easy parking space, the staff ( 2 girls) at the reception desk were delightful, our room was big enough, the bed was king size and the bathroom had my requested roll-in-shower.
So we had a restful night and next morning we enjoyed a very nice breakfast.
There was some kind of repair work or addition construction being done in the back yard but I am sure once that would be completed it will also look magnificent. In fact, one friend of mine told me she had held her daughter’s wedding reception in that hotel a couple of years ago.
The hotel even offers a 10% discount for its restaurant, which we did not take advantage of because we had been invited to dinner some were else.
I would be happy to come back and spend a week in that beautiful and affordable hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the gracious comments! I was so happy to hear that we were able accommodate your needs during your stay. Nothing pleases our Front Desk staff more than knowing they contributed in making a guests stay memorable and enjoyable!

The maintenance you witnessed during your stay was part of a project to keep our hotel exterior clean and beautiful and I'm sure you will love the way it turned out on your next stay!

I hope you have a chance to try the Gators Den Sports Grill during your next visit. With specials like the Grouper Baton Rouge, the Pasta Primavera, and the Down Home Meatloaf (my personal favorite) I'm sure you'll find something that's perfect for you!

We look forward to that week long visit!
Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Was not accommodating for 2 pm arrival and check in. Had to wait 2 hours until the 4 pm hotel check in time. They were too busy preparing for a wedding party. Location is far from most things in Gainesville. It is difficult to write anything nice after this long wait.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate your early check-in request during your last stay. While we always do our best to accommodate special requests, rooms are not always available prior to our 4pm check-in time.

When rooms become vacant, we clean them as quickly as possible while still maintaining our high standard of cleanliness. During periods of high-occupancy, certain room types may not become vacant as quickly as others, resulting in a delay in having those room types available for check-in.

Taking these factors into account, we know that we will always have a few of every room type available by 4pm, and set this as the guaranteed check-in time so that you can plan your trip accordingly, knowing that you will have a freshly cleaned room if you arrive at 4pm or later. Of course, we would never ask a guest to wait if there was a room already cleaned for them and are happy to check a guest in early if there is a room available!

Thank you for your understanding as we strive to give each guest the best stay we possibly can!

Been to BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand? Share your experiences!