“excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand

You added BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4200 Northwest 97th Boulevard, Gainesville, FL 32606-3742   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, Michigan
“excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at the BW on May 31, 2013. We picked this hotel room becuase it was pet friendly, and had the free breakfast. The hotel room was very large, relaxing and super clean. The pool and hot tub was incredible, with a very resort like feel to it. The gazeebo's were a really nice touch. The very nice continental breakfast was also excellent, and the staff were wonderful. (would have been nice to have more of a seating area, even though it was a very large breakfast room, there was not quite enough seats for everyone, so we sat out at the pool deck)
We did take a tour of the presidential suite and it was gorgous!! I would definetly like to stay in there.
We also dined at the Grill and the staff there were very friendly, the food was great!
We were visiting from Michigan and have family in Floriday and we will be planning on staying at the BW in Gainesville from now on!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

wonderful stay, nicest place to stay in gville area, pool was like being at a resort, restaurant/ room svc was excellent (one of best burgers ever had) staff is nice and professional, breakfast area very nice, will be back

• Stayed May 2013
Elmira, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We drove from Elmira, Ontario to Gainesville, Florida April 26 - 27, 2013. This overnight stay at Best Western was the best place to relax and enjoy ourselves. The Customer Service, Room Service, Pool, Hot Tub, elaborate Continental Breakfast that gave us a "Delighted Customer" experience. Clean, tidy and quiet rooms, included a mini-fridge, overwelming. Attached Resturant was a bonus with nice selection of food and drinks. Thanks

Room Tip: Ground Floor, close to pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ron G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments! We strive to give that "Delighted Customer" experience. I'm very glad to hear we've succeeded and hope to see you on your next return trip to Florida. Ron.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I ended up staying here due to a flight cancellation and delta airlines paid for it. I was not expecting much but it exceeded my expectations. Free shuttle to/from the airport and free breakfast, super large room with king size bed and couch, microwave, refrigerator, I had a pool/hot tub view from my room and I utilized the hot tub at night. I also ate at the attached bar/restaurant and my meal was wonderful. 2 beers and a sit in the hot tub and I was relaxed. I thought my room and entire hotel and grounds were very clean. Staff was nice, although I didn't need much interaction with them. I have no complaints and I would surely stay again.

Room Tip: First floor right on a corner led me right out to the pool area ;)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your excellent comments. I'm glad the amenities of the hotel were able to relax you after a stressful delay at the airport. We hope to see you again if you're in Gainesville. Next time hopefully it will be under better circumstances. Have a great day. Ron.
CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I came to Gainesville for a medical procedure and needed to stay nearby for 4 nights. My mother and daughter were also with me. I wasn't expecting much because my room rate was so low but I was pleasantly surprised at what a nice establishment this was. We had a normal 2 bedroom room on the second floor. The hotel room was basic, we had two different cleaning attendants one was fantastic and the other could of done a little more vacuuming but overall the room was very clean. Especially the bathroom, I am easily grossed out by bathrooms and as part of my treatment I needed to take baths, I was not looking forward to do this in a hotel room. But the bathtub was extremely clean (along with the rest of the bathroom) and I felt very comfortable taking a bath and giving my daughter a bath. The hotel breakfast was very nice every morning, it cost $3 if you want an omelet or scrambled eggs, but it was enough to feed the three of us. The also had for free bagels, pastries, boiled eggs, jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches, cereal, and make your own waffles. We ate breakfast every morning at the hotel. The pool was great too! I wasn't expecting it to be great but it was really nice. We enjoyed going to the pool every day. They also had a nice fitness room that I utilized every day, it's small with two treadmills, a elliptical and bike and some weights but it was clean, there were flat screen tvs, two very clean bathrooms and water. Overall it was a very nice stay. The staff was friendly and helpful and my daughter loved the afternoon cookies!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ron G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am very glad you had a nice stay in our facility and we hope to be of service to you again in the future. Have a great day. Ron.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Used hotwire for the first time and snagged a great rate. Upon check-in, I asked for a king size bed and was told by the clerk (his name tag said night auditor) that priceline and hotwire customers always get double beds (looking down his nose). Never, ever again will I stay in a Best Western. I need attitude like that like I need a root canal. Lots of competition out there. Other than that, the hotel was fine, restaurant was surprisingly good, but I repeat, I don't pay money for attitude. Next.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else, the extra $50 you save ain't worth receiving attitude from some front desk...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry but the very low priceline rate is not eligible for our suites, king premier or king delux rooms. I will make sure our front office manager reviews procedures for telling guests this in a constructive pleasant manner to all desk clerks and night auditors. Thank you. Ron.
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We arrived late afternoon without a reservation and were immediately offered a large room which we accepted. Upon closer inspection there are smaller rooms in the hotel, at a smaller price but we were happy with the room we had. Large, clean, comfortable. The hotel itself caters to small meetings and is thus much more spacious in the lobby area than most roadside hotels. They have a terrific outdoor pool and hot tub which we couldn't use because of poor weather but others were using the hot tub regardless. There is a decent restaurant attached, which is a good thing because nothing else is within walking distance. Front desk staff was pleasant and efficient. The only thing they might have done is tell us about the smaller rooms and smaller price, but perhaps none were available on this rainy night. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask about the pricing for the smaller rooms vs. the larger ones.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice comments. We do sell out quite a bit, and I'm not sure if that is the reason the front desk did not mention the other smaller room but I will make sure our front office manager covers the issue on his next training session with the desk. Have a great day, hope to be of service to you again. Ron.

Been to BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand? Share your experiences!