“Feels elegant!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4200 Northwest 97th Boulevard, Gainesville, FL 32606-3742   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #10 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Elkhart, IL
“Feels elegant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is just a bit dated in carpet and furniture, but it feels kind of old world elegant! A great value for the price. Staff really great, pool area is lovely. Our king suite spacious and quiet. Even the fitness center nicely done. Vince did such a great sales job on the phone--- and it was good!!

• Stayed February 2013
Ron G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We will be replacing the hall carpets and guest room furniture this year. Hopefully that will add the elegance of the hotel. We hope to see you the next time you're in Gainesville. Have an excellent day. Ron.

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Milton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year while in Gainesville with my sister who was having hip replacement surgery at the hospital there. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It is right on the interstate just about 7 miles up the road from the Archer Street exit where we had to go to the hospital. It is just enough out of town to make it convenient the night before surgery to get to the hospital the next morning and also convenient to get back on the road to come home from there. The rooms are nice, the breakfast is awesome! Everything you can imagine to be on a hotel breakfast menu is there. They have a nice pool. The staff has always been very pleasant and accommodating for us.

Room Tip: Good price on Priceline. Rooms on the first floor are very accessible for a wheel chair.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Petal, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very nice hotel. We chose Best Western (BW) because we have a "Rewards Card" and have stayed in several BW before on our trips. In our experiences, we found BW hotels are comfortable, pleasant, clean and affordable. However,at this particular one, we experienced several "snags".
To start with, neither of the 2 keys we were given worked. We were given 2 new keys and they didn't work. We were told to use the hall phone and call the "house man" to help us. We did. We waited. He never came. Finally after about 20 plus minutes since our 1st key wouldn't work, the desk clerk arrived. She tried the keys too and still they wouldn't open the door. Finally she gave us the "master key".
We tried to log-on to the free internet service without success. We were given a code but it wasn't accepted.
The temperature controls did not work. The room was cold.
Several light bulbs were burned out. Most disturbing were the ones over the night stand - for obvious reasons.
And, finally, the snooze light on the alarm clock could not be turned off. This was annoying as we like to sleep in total darkness and we didn't know if an alarm would sound after we fell asleep. We covered the clock with a piece of paper. Luckily it did not go off.
The next morning at the counter to check out, we asked if the key situation had been reported. It had not!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
boynton beach, florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stopped here on my way to West Palm. I was very pleased to find that they allowed pets. They charge $20 for up to two pets.
I arrived after dark so I didn't get to see the grounds but what I could see looked very pretty and groomed.
At check-in the staff was pleasant but not overly friendly.
Our room was located in the back but we were next to the outdoor pool and I could see how nice it was.
The only thing I didn't care for was the fact that if you chose to use the door closest to the room ( and where I had to park ) you had to go down some steps to get to the parking lot. Not a big deal unless your taking in a lot of luggage and other articles.
I couldn't tell what the hotel was backed up against but it was dark. They had lighting in the parking lot just not enough to see real well. I had a Rottie so I wasn't too worried about it but had I been traveling alone I would have emptied my stuff at the front door.
There was also a Starbucks down the street which came in great the next morning when I hit the road again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand

Address: 4200 Northwest 97th Boulevard, Gainesville, FL 32606-3742
Location: United States > Florida > Gainesville
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Green Hotel in Gainesville
#7 Romantic Hotel in Gainesville
#11 Family Hotel in Gainesville
#13 Business Hotel in Gainesville
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel Gainesville
Best Western Hotel Gainesville
Best Western Gainesville
Gainesville Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.