“Surprised they took pets” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4200 Northwest 97th Boulevard, Gainesville, FL 32606-3742   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersBronze level
boynton beach, florida
“Surprised they took pets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stopped here on my way to West Palm. I was very pleased to find that they allowed pets. They charge $20 for up to two pets.
I arrived after dark so I didn't get to see the grounds but what I could see looked very pretty and groomed.
At check-in the staff was pleasant but not overly friendly.
Our room was located in the back but we were next to the outdoor pool and I could see how nice it was.
The only thing I didn't care for was the fact that if you chose to use the door closest to the room ( and where I had to park ) you had to go down some steps to get to the parking lot. Not a big deal unless your taking in a lot of luggage and other articles.
I couldn't tell what the hotel was backed up against but it was dark. They had lighting in the parking lot just not enough to see real well. I had a Rottie so I wasn't too worried about it but had I been traveling alone I would have emptied my stuff at the front door.
There was also a Starbucks down the street which came in great the next morning when I hit the road again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Over the years in Europe and North America I have stopped at dozens of random hotels because fatigue has set in and driving further is not an option. As a general rule, whatever the hotel brand, they cater to a captive audience and are universally bland,with some being downright disgusting. We pulled in here at about five in the evening, exhausted. We got a two bed room for $99. I appreciate that the occasional Days Inn or Econolodge can be less than half that but we were happy.
The room was huge, the hotel had a sports bar attached for dinner and some beers that evening, and breakfast in the morning was a well stocked self serve. The only thing the room lacked was a safe.
This place was a random find for us,and a pleasant one as well. If you are reading reviews and planning an I-75 stopover around here then book away,you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

we stayed here for 2 nights and went to this hotel because of reviews. We were not disappointed. The hotel looks great inside and outside. Because we stayed for 2 nights we took a small suite so we could sit comfortably. The room and bathroom were very clean. The first morning we came down for breakfast was a bit difficult as the hotel was full and the breakfast area is ok for normal use, but not everyone using it at the same time, people were sitting in the lobby etc to eat their breakfast. The second morning was no problem. The staff is very helpful and friendly. the breakfast area was clean, but it seems that no hotel likes to serve real butter or a healthy cereal without chemicals, GMO's or artificial colors and flavors. Cheerios etc is not a healthy alternative.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a great looking hotel inside and out.
Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and genuinely by the front desk staff.There was a wait to check in however the decorations in the lobby were a great distraction.

We had a king suite, very clean and comfortable. It had a small refrigerator and microwave.

Breakfast was wonderful, the omlet station was great. It was a fantastic deal for $3.00. They offer free breads and cerals plus juice and coffee. The coffee was actually good!

I will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The desk staff is the friendliest i have ever seen. The lobby and pool area was very nice by roadside hotel standards. King suite was a good size and clean, the bed was passable. Staff seemed pushed to the limit to keep breakfast stocked. First day, no orange juice. Second day, no coffee and no waffles. It is free, so I guess worth what I paid. The restaurant does not open for lunch and has relocated to one of the hotel ballrooms. Had to drive out to find lunch as there is nothing in walking distance. Wireless, also free, to weak and spotty to be reliable. I would not return if I didn't have to.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Argos, Indiana, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I thought the rooms were small for the price. We were traveling with a pet and and don't know if that affected the room or not. The room was clean but the bathroom was too small. Staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand

Address: 4200 Northwest 97th Boulevard, Gainesville, FL 32606-3742
Location: United States > Florida > Gainesville
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Green Hotel in Gainesville
#6 Romantic Hotel in Gainesville
#9 Business Hotel in Gainesville
#11 Family Hotel in Gainesville
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Reservation Counter, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel Gainesville
Best Western Hotel Gainesville
Best Western Gainesville
Gainesville Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN Gateway Grand, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.