“A Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #3 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
“A Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After a disastrous night at the "regular" Hilton in Gainesville, we decided to stay here because I frequently stay in HGIs when travelling. They are consistantly well-kept, clean, and reliable and this property was no exception. Although there is no lunch/dinner service and no bar/lounge, I believe they will be available when updated and renovated as have most other HGIs. Our breakfast was very good and the manager stopped by to make sure everything was fine.

When we arrived we didn't know if we would be staying because of the uncertainty of our pup's discharge from having surgery at UF. We were greeted by Sasha, the same young lady who I had spoken to on the phone earlier and who remembered both me and our situation. She went out of her way to be helpful to us and said to make ourselves comfortable in the living room-style lobby, even pointing out where the television remote was in case we wanted to watch tv. She really made us feel welcome and is a great asset to this hotel.

I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn brand when travelling because of their quality and consistency. While there is no lunch or dinner servive, there is a very large shopping center about one block away. We opted for the always reliable Bonefish, but the area has many options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for providing us with great feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville FL. We appreciate the kind reference about the ideal location of our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me if your travels bring you back to Gainesville and I will be happy to assist.

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Longboat Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have a child at Univ. of Florida and my husband and I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn during parent's weekend. They gave parents a special rate which was nice. Newer hotel, everything was clean and people behind the desk were nice. It's right off the highway and 10 minutes from campus. A little difficult to find...it's off of Archer Road right when you get off I-75.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevator and ice machine and not on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is quite close to Shands Medical Center - about 5/10 mins drive - so I found that convenient. The rooms are typical Garden Inn so very clean and comfortable. There is a nice outdoor pool. Unlike another writer, I found the staff to be helpful and friendly including the breakfast folks, although I too did not have anyone wait on me. I'm actually okay with that and am perfectly content to order my own at the window. My only gripe is with the business center. I needed to print some articles for my Shands meeting and the computer kept displaying error messages. Once I resolved that problem, it wouldn't print. I found that very frustrating but asked at the front desk to use their computer and printer and the clerk was fine with that. So in the end, I had no issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stay at a lot of Garden Inns and this one was typical - perhaps even "below average" by HGI standards. Desk staff was efficient but not over friendly. Room was fine - clean, functioning and typical of Garden Inn. Lobby clean.
Here are some ways this ranked below other HGI's:
*One computer in the business center. Most have 2 or 3.
*TERRIBLE coffee, both in the room and in the dining lounge. Most HGI serve Starbucks. This hotel's coffee needs major improvement.
*Breakfast Host/Server was quite lackluster. He really did nothing other than greet me from across the room. I ordered my own omelet and the cook brought it to my table. I poured my own coffee. Really this guy did nothing. Most HGI breakfast staff are more helpful and friendly.

Location was convenient and there are many places to eat nearby, so that's a plus. Also a Target and Walmart very close if you need something. So, I would stay here again, mostly due to location and in general I like Hilton Garden Inn (though I'll bring my own coffee next time)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
milklady58,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Rooms clean and well appointed. Bath rooms are spacious and well equipped. Hotel is quiet, with the exception of an occasional door slam by an inconsiderate guest. (management could assist by installing proper door closing mechanisms). Very helpful staff. Abundant dining options within walking distance of hotel. Very clean, appealing pool area. No onsite bar, as is common in many HGI's.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
chriscpd98,

I want to begin by thanking you for your review and all your kind words. We truly strive to make our property a “home away from home.” Each employee is dedicated to providing our guests with the exceptional service that you have become accustomed to.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with noise. This is certainly not the Hilton Garden Inn experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you.

Please contact me directly if you plan to visit the Gainesville area in the near future and I will see that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.

Warm Regards,

Harrodsburg, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our desk manager met us with professionalism and most of all a friendly smile. The rooms were exceptionally clean and everything we needed was in place. All of this for just 1 night traveling on the road! Highly recommend this hotel if traveling from the north to southern or southwestern Florida or for the return trip home. A+++++

Room Tip: Rooms along the back side are very quiet and away from the main drag.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Carrie D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your great feedback! I am glad we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We strive to have a professional and friendly team that focuses on every detail of our guests' experience. We appreciate your business and hope you continue to stay with us!

Carrie Duncan
Hilton Garden Inn - Gainesville, FL
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We chose this hotel after a very poor experience at a neighboring competitor. This hotel was in all ways comfortable, convenient and accommodating. I will stay here again the next time I'm in Gainesville.

• Stayed June 2012

Hospitably,

Carrie Duncan
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!