“Convenient to the medical center” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #3 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Convenient to the medical center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is quite close to Shands Medical Center - about 5/10 mins drive - so I found that convenient. The rooms are typical Garden Inn so very clean and comfortable. There is a nice outdoor pool. Unlike another writer, I found the staff to be helpful and friendly including the breakfast folks, although I too did not have anyone wait on me. I'm actually okay with that and am perfectly content to order my own at the window. My only gripe is with the business center. I needed to print some articles for my Shands meeting and the computer kept displaying error messages. Once I resolved that problem, it wouldn't print. I found that very frustrating but asked at the front desk to use their computer and printer and the clerk was fine with that. So in the end, I had no issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stay at a lot of Garden Inns and this one was typical - perhaps even "below average" by HGI standards. Desk staff was efficient but not over friendly. Room was fine - clean, functioning and typical of Garden Inn. Lobby clean.
Here are some ways this ranked below other HGI's:
*One computer in the business center. Most have 2 or 3.
*TERRIBLE coffee, both in the room and in the dining lounge. Most HGI serve Starbucks. This hotel's coffee needs major improvement.
*Breakfast Host/Server was quite lackluster. He really did nothing other than greet me from across the room. I ordered my own omelet and the cook brought it to my table. I poured my own coffee. Really this guy did nothing. Most HGI breakfast staff are more helpful and friendly.

Location was convenient and there are many places to eat nearby, so that's a plus. Also a Target and Walmart very close if you need something. So, I would stay here again, mostly due to location and in general I like Hilton Garden Inn (though I'll bring my own coffee next time)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
milklady58,

Thank you for providing us with great feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville FL. We appreciate the kind reference about the ideal location of our hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Rooms clean and well appointed. Bath rooms are spacious and well equipped. Hotel is quiet, with the exception of an occasional door slam by an inconsiderate guest. (management could assist by installing proper door closing mechanisms). Very helpful staff. Abundant dining options within walking distance of hotel. Very clean, appealing pool area. No onsite bar, as is common in many HGI's.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
chriscpd98,

I want to begin by thanking you for your review and all your kind words. We truly strive to make our property a “home away from home.” Each employee is dedicated to providing our guests with the exceptional service that you have become accustomed to.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with noise. This is certainly not the Hilton Garden Inn experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you.

Please contact me directly if you plan to visit the Gainesville area in the near future and I will see that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.

Warm Regards,

Harrodsburg, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our desk manager met us with professionalism and most of all a friendly smile. The rooms were exceptionally clean and everything we needed was in place. All of this for just 1 night traveling on the road! Highly recommend this hotel if traveling from the north to southern or southwestern Florida or for the return trip home. A+++++

Room Tip: Rooms along the back side are very quiet and away from the main drag.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Carrie D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your great feedback! I am glad we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We strive to have a professional and friendly team that focuses on every detail of our guests' experience. We appreciate your business and hope you continue to stay with us!

Hilton Garden Inn - Gainesville, FL
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We chose this hotel after a very poor experience at a neighboring competitor. This hotel was in all ways comfortable, convenient and accommodating. I will stay here again the next time I'm in Gainesville.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

Hospitably,

Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

I am currently a Hilton Diamond member and stay in Hilton ( preferably Garden Inn) approximately 48 weeks a year, AND 5 IR 6 TIMES at this specific property since 2011. With that said, the employees at this hotel are the WORST I have come across! THIS WILL BE MY LAST STAY AT THIS PROPERTY and may alter ny business travel / stay decisions going forward. THIS STAFF CERTAINLY MAKES MARRIOT SOUND A LOT BETTER!!!BETTER

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your feedback and I would like to sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced during your stay. I appreciated our conversation and for your time for explaining more about the issues you experienced and for giving me the ability to make corrections. Please feel free to contact me if your travels bring you back to Gainesville and I will be happy to assist.

Hilton Garden Inn - Gainesville, FL
carrie.duncan@hilton.com
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I recently stayed here for several weeks with my Mom as my Dad was having surgery nearby at Shands. It's a quick drive to and from the hospital, with all the restaurants and shopping in between so we never had to go far. The front desk staff, particularly Jamal and Jessica went out of their way on more than a few occasions to make us feel welcome and ask if we needed anything. The breakfast was fabulous, and the guy who makes omletes knows how to make one! The only concern was that twice they skipped cleaning our room, and once it was partially clean; the coffee pot had not been cleaned out and there wasn't a clean glass in the room. After a call to front desk this situation was rectified. The room was clean and comfortable and the hot tub was nice after a long day at the hospital!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
cwberg,

352-338-1466

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!