“Superior accommodations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Clermont, Florida
“Superior accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We chose this hotel after a very poor experience at a neighboring competitor. This hotel was in all ways comfortable, convenient and accommodating. I will stay here again the next time I'm in Gainesville.

• Stayed June 2012
Carrie D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I appreciate the great feedback for the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL and have passed it along to our team. We continue to strive to make each and every stay great and are gracious for feedback to know when we have succeeded. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in Gainesville in the future.

Hospitably,

Carrie Duncan
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, FL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

I am currently a Hilton Diamond member and stay in Hilton ( preferably Garden Inn) approximately 48 weeks a year, AND 5 IR 6 TIMES at this specific property since 2011. With that said, the employees at this hotel are the WORST I have come across! THIS WILL BE MY LAST STAY AT THIS PROPERTY and may alter ny business travel / stay decisions going forward. THIS STAFF CERTAINLY MAKES MARRIOT SOUND A LOT BETTER!!!BETTER

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your feedback and I would like to sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced during your stay. I appreciated our conversation and for your time for explaining more about the issues you experienced and for giving me the ability to make corrections. Please feel free to contact me if your travels bring you back to Gainesville and I will be happy to assist.

Carrie Duncan
carrie.duncan@hilton.com
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I recently stayed here for several weeks with my Mom as my Dad was having surgery nearby at Shands. It's a quick drive to and from the hospital, with all the restaurants and shopping in between so we never had to go far. The front desk staff, particularly Jamal and Jessica went out of their way on more than a few occasions to make us feel welcome and ask if we needed anything. The breakfast was fabulous, and the guy who makes omletes knows how to make one! The only concern was that twice they skipped cleaning our room, and once it was partially clean; the coffee pot had not been cleaned out and there wasn't a clean glass in the room. After a call to front desk this situation was rectified. The room was clean and comfortable and the hot tub was nice after a long day at the hospital!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
cwberg,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay with us and also for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. We love getting feedback from our guests and hope the next time you visit Gainesville FL, we will be your first choice.

If there is anything my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hilton Garden Inn
352-338-1466
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We usually stay here when we travel. The room was very clean. The girl at the front desk, Jessica, was wonderful. She helped us find a really nice Cuban restaurant that was not high priced but the food was delicious. Our room was on the first floor, as per our request.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville FL and recognizing Jessica at the Front Desk for her Outstanding Service. Rest assured she will be recognized for her efforts. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

Our entire staff at the HGI is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Dustin.Cash@hilton.com
Gautier, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. We were awake until after 1:00 because of the noise in other rooms and the hall but there was a baseball team staying there. Be sure and ask about such goings on before you reserve a room. You can order breakfast but there's no buffet. Not a bad thing just being informative. We were in too much of a hurry so we didn't eat here. The hotel is handy to I-75 and has some beautiful moss-laden oaks near the property. And I hope Georgia lost. Y'all should go to bed earlier.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with noise. This is certainly not the Hilton Garden Inn experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

Please contact me directly if you plan to visit the Gainesville area in the near future and I will see that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.

Warm Regards,

Dustin.Cash@hilton.com
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed here for one quick night, got in late and left very early. Hilton Garden's are very nice hotels, and I found this one to be "one step above" some of the other's that i've stayed at before. Just a few nice small touches (such as a plant in the room) made it even nicer. Did not have a chance to use the pool, but I could see it from my room and it looked wonderful, much nicer than some of other Hilton Garden locations. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, very welcoming. I'd not hesitate to return, as a matter of fact, i'll look forward to it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Please keep on loving Hilton Garden Inn hotels more and more because we strive to make your experience better and better on every stay! We look forward to your return visit with us in Gainesville, FL as well as THANK YOU, for supporting the Brand!

Best regards,

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stopped here for a night en route down the coast and it worked out fine. The hotel is not far from I-75, but it is tucked away behind other properties, so a GPS is helpful in locating it. There are a lot of commercial businesses nearby including Target, Wal-Mart, Publix, a cinema, gas stations and several restaurants. It was about a four mile drive to the U of F campus and the Swamp. The room included a flat screen TV with several channels in high definition. In seeing other reviews, it appears the TVs have recently been upgraded. There were ample power outlets available throughout and the free Wi Fi was easy to connect to (requiring the now standard last name and room number to access). There’s a fairly large outdoor pool. Cooked to order breakfast was available for a fee in the morning although as an Honors Gold member, there was no charge for the meals. The front desk staff were friendly and offered recommendations for nearby restaurants, even calling one to make sure there was a minimal wait on a busy Friday evening. During our Spring Break stay we saw license plates from several states, so it was apparent that others were using the property as a stopover on a longer trip. Given the price paid, it was a good value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent review of the hotel. My staff and I strive to ensure that each and everyone of our guests stay is a great one. If we can of any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and the next time you find yourself in Columbia, we do hope that you will visit us again.

Best regards,

Hilton Garden Inn - Gainesville, FL

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!