“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Destin, FL
“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here for a football game in Gainesville. It was a busy weekend, but the staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The location is a good one, with great access to the Interstate, restaurants, and the University campus.

The room was clean, spacious, comfortable and the beds soft. I did not notice any noise issues and did not hear any of my neighbors. Reasonably fast internet connection, which was important to me.

Only had two complaints about this property. First was the televisions. They are old tube style TVs (who hasn't already upgraded to flat-screens?). Secondly, the coffee maker looked as if it hadn't been cleaned inside in some time. Against my better judgement I made coffee, but found it undrinkable.

I would stay here again. Very nice hotel overall.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed there so we could be close to Shands. Efficient check in process, clean room and bathroom. Would definitely stay the next time we are in Gainesville.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Ft Worth TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

Beautiful, but loud. Paper thin walls. U can hear everything from the rooms on both sides of yours and people walking above you. Would not stay againj.

• Stayed October 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Entire staff was very friendly and helpful to all of us including my 85 year old mother. The maids were very nice and helpful and the rooms were clean and well kept. The room service via Texas Roadhouse for dinner was great too. The breakfast prepared by the staff was nice too and it had a wide variety of food available including fresh fruit. Pool was very nice too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I had no trouble at this HGI. I have stayed at many throughout the country and this is very average. No issues. there is a decent sized parking lot and several good restaurants in close proximity including a few 24 hour ones.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Hotelier22, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I just wanted to take a moment to write and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope that the next time you find yourself in Gainesville, that you will choose us again. If there is anything at all that my staff or I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best reagards,

Dustin Cash
Assistant General Manager
Hilton Garden Inn
352-338-1466
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Oh, the mattresses must be new...they were so comfortable and again,
clean fresh linens, luxury! Desk staff was nice to deal with, I will definitely be back. The hotel is clean and beautifully decorated, and
I would recommend it to anyone who wants a clean, comfortable place to stay at a resonable price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
First and foremost let me thank you for your review of our hotel. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville FL we aim to exceed our guests expectations and we were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for choosing our hotel again. We do hope the next time you find yourself in the area that you would stay with us again. If my staff or I can be of any future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Dustin Cash
Assistant General Manager
Hilton Garden Inn
352-338-1466
Daphne. AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I have stayed at this location on more than one occassion over last few years. After reading a negative review I was a little worried that our stay wouldn't be up to par, but we booked it anyway. Much to our surprise every step of our visit was lovely. The front desk was polite and effecient, house keeping was super nice and the room was very clean. Breakfast was delicious and the servers and chefs went out of their way to be kind and graticious. I was really pleased with the entire stay. It is unusual for me to not be able to find fault with any part of the stay. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!