“Great food and perfect location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 470 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Great food and perfect location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Let me say the food was excellent and our waitress. If you come to this place you must try the jumbo sea scallops snd shrimp. Highly recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Gainesville, FL
“Outstanding in Every Respect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Wonderful ambiance, a varied menu and excellent service make it hard to believe that this restuarant is part of a national chain. Ample free parking as it is located in Butler Plaza. I especially enjoyed the dark woods and earth tones of the interior which had an upscale feel. Although busy it had a subdued atmosphere.

I dined there during the 4 to 6:30 pm happy hour with the pleasing specials on appetizers and drinks. If you come later especially on the weekend I would strongly suggest reservations.

The "house wines" are a bargain and entrees can be split for two if you have moderate appetites.

• Visited March 2013
“Very nice evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This place is always great. Our waiter was top notch and the food was great as always. The only complaint I would have is the size often fish for the price. We will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, FL
“They never miss a beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We've been to this Bonefish Grill more than 10 times in the past year and are always pleased with the food and the service. Last Saturday night, the place was completely packed and the wait for a table was more than an hour. Thank heavens we had called ahead an reserved a booth for the four of us. A reservation doesn't guarantee that your table will be ready at the moment that you arrive. Instead, the promise to seat you within 15 minutes, which isn't too bad since the large bar and outdoor lounge area are pleasant places to hang out and enjoy a drink.
This operation shines in many small but noteworthy ways: Often, a member of the serving team will walk through the crowd of people waiting for their beepers to signal their table is ready and offers complimentary tastings of their signature BangBang shrimp appetizer. Such a really nice touch and a great marketing move as well. I ordered the cerviche and the seabass as my main course. The seabass was wonderful, as usual, but the cerviche was disappointing. I left most of it untouched because, in my humble opinion, the shrimp in the dish tasted a little gritty. When the server began to clear the table, she noticed the amount of the appetizer uneaten and asked if anything was wrong. I politely told her that I didn't care for it because of the grittiness I experienced with the shrimp. She had been gone only two or three minutes when the manager came over and thanked me for the feedback, assuring me that he would convey my concerns to the kitchen. Nice touch. Even nicer, when our check came, the cerviche was nowhere on the bill. I added 50% of the price of the cerviche to the tip that left.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Palm Bay, Florida
“Excellent as usuall...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

In Gainesville for business so dined at Bonefish Grill again at this location for the 3rd time. It was excellent as usual.

I stated with the Bang Bang Shrimp and a glass of sangria. Both were very good. I had the Chilean Sea Bass with the au gratin potatoes for dinner. The Sea Bass was EXCELLENT. It was grilled just right – firm and done but not over-cooked. It was so flaky and the accompanying Asian sauce on the side helped to make it so tasty. The potatoes and bread were good also.

Always a very good meal is had a Bonefish Grille with efficient service.

• Visited February 2013