“Nice Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manhattan, KS
“Nice Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

Comfortable beds, great staff and nice and clean. This is a nice place to stay when in Gainesville and close to everything.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

We were so pleasantly surprised with the SpringHill Suites in Gainesville! Loved the service, it could not have been better. I have not stayed at a hotel that was that accommodating in a long time, and we stay at hotels often. The rooms were large and the beds very comfortable. We fit two pack and plays in the living room area and did not feel cramped at all. It was also great to have a fridge and microwave. The best part of this hotel was the breakfast. We did not go hungry! Feeding a family of five a hot breakfast can cost over $50, but we loved that this was included in the room. The location was also wonderful. Just a short ride to everything. Make sure you are there for cookie night, it is a real treat for the kids. This hotel is focused on making the guest happy and they succeeded!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. You cannot beat this hotel for the price paid. I only paid $78/ night because I was able to take advantage of Marriott's best rate guarantee because I booked on the hotel website for $119/ night but then found the same room on orbitz for $104/ night. I then went through the steps on Marriott's website and they gave me the room for that price minus 25%!!! AN UNBEATABLE DEAL FOR GAINESVILLE!!! The room was larger than most hotel rooms with a small wet bar area, a living area, and a partial room divider where there were two double beds. The room was extremely clean and nicely decorated, as was the rest of the hotel. The breakfast was also above average with eggs, sausage, cereal, coffee, etc. My only complaints are that the beds were a bit small, although the mattresses were quite comfortable, and the elevators rode a bit rough as they went up to our room on the fourth floor. Again, very MINOR things. I would definitely return to this hotel, especially if I could score the same price!!!

• Liked — price, comfortable accommodations, cleanliness
  • Disliked — NOTHING!!!
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

Let me start by telling you about myself so you know where this review is coming from. I consider myself a snob when it comes to hotels and only want to stay in hotels that are nice and clean. All the Hiltons, etc. were booked for the weekend that I wanted and after looking up other reviews on this hotel I figured the price was reasonable and it was conveniently located to UF which is where I was going. I LOVED the hotel and it exceeded my expectations. The check-in process was super easy and efficient and took less than 2 minutes. The hotel in general is in great condition and very clean. The room was a great size with a clean bathroom and clean sheets. I even felt comfortable walking on the floor in my bare feet (which I don't feel safe doing at all hotels). The bed was comfy and I had a great nights sleep. The room itself had all the ammenities I needed (fridge and microwave) and the best FREE WIRELESS! The breakfast buffet was amazing! Because it was a Saturday it lasted from 6:30 - 10:30am and they refilled it, it wasn't just first come first serve. The selection was amazing from cereal, toast, ,bagels, eggs, sausage, and homemade waffles! I was just so pleasantly surprised. The entire experience was great and I felt the need to share it for others who like me want to make sure they get the best hotel for their money. I have saved lots of money in the past by staying at crappy hotels with bugs, pubic hairs, etc. and I believe that "you get what you pay for". But this hotel is reasonably priced AND clean!! I definitely recommend! I will stay there again if I'm ever in the Gainesville area.

• Liked — Free Wireless Internet
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to SpringHill Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!