“Exactly you would expect from a SpringHill Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
New York City, New York
“Exactly you would expect from a SpringHill Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I'll give this hotel a 4/5 because it is exactly what you would expect from a SpringHill Suites. Everything was efficient and went smoothly during our stay. This hotel is above par for the hotels in the surrounding area. This is the best Marriott option in the Gainesville area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I love staying at this hotel, the people are very cordial, nice with a smile, the rooms are great
the breakfast is awesome, the ladies serving are the best, love the whole place. Thank you.

Will be coming back soon!

Room Tip: Top floor always works for me, I don't have to listen anyone above me running or dropping stuff.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Shirley M is so pleasant and always wanting to help all guests in their breakfast experience. Walking around, asking guest if they need anything or have any questions. She is such an asset for this hotel.

Room Tip: Air conditioning units don't function well. 3 rooms in 2 nights and we had to have the repairman...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I'm a huge Marriott fan, but this was a bit of a downer for me. While resting and getting ready in our room before dinner we could hear everything going on with our neighbors in the next room. We weren't trying to listen and even turned the t.v. up to draw some of the conversation out. There isn't much between the rooms so if you are looking for any kind of privacy this may not be place to stay. I suggest getting a room on the end so you only have one side where the noise comes from. It seems as though a few pieces of drywall is all that separates the rooms. Maybe there isn't any installation to help keep the noise from room to room.
Overall the rest of the hotel wasn't bad. The room and regular beds were comfortable and clean, but the pullout bed for the kids could probably be replaced soon. The staff was really nice and pleasant. The grounds seemed pretty clean as well. There is a free breakfast in the morning, so when traveling with kids its helps the cost of at least one meal.

Room Tip: I would get a room on the end so you don't have to have noise from both sides of the walls.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked this hotel for one night on our way to North Florida. From the moment we arrived, I was disappointed by this Marriott property. First, the rugs in the lobby were littered and dirty. Then, after bringing our bags to the room and heading out to dinner, we saw one of the female employees sitting out front smoking a cigarette. Among the "surprises" discovered in our room were the following: dirty bathroom walls, stained sheets, a clogged bathroom sink, an extremely loud air conditioner with a dripping-water sound accompaniment, and three bath towels for a four- person room. I did not feel it was worth complaining to the front desk since we we were only passing through overnight but I honestly found this to be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at in Gainesville.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Springhill Suites Gainesville. First let me apologize for your experience and assure you that it is not a typical experience at this property. I wish that you had given us the opportunity to resolve the concerns while you were at the hotel so that you could have left satisfied I assure you that we take all comments whether positive or negative very seriously in our goal of total Guest Satisfaction and I have shared your comments with our team. I will also contact you personally to let you know what we are doing to make this right for you. We hope that you give us another try if your travels bring you back to Gainesville.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Springhill Suites/Gainesville about 8 times this year. Each experience has been pleasant and comfortable. The staff has always been very welcoming. Today, Shirley was working in the breakfast area. The breakfast was very nice and the service provided by Shirley was outstanding! She provided first class customer focused experiences for all who enjoyed the breakfast. What a nice place to stay and a terrific boost to start the day!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville! You are certainly right in your comments about Shirley, she is a true treasure and starts everyones day off on the right note with her smile and warm/caring personality. We have shared your comments with Shirley and the rest of our team and hope to welcome you back on a future vist to Gainesville! Thanks again for staying with us.

Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I travel a lot and stay at a lot of Marriott properties all over the southeast. I typically get good service and a clean room. This visit Corey Gates was exceptionally helpful and assisted us professionally as only a dedicated Marriott employee could. This is exactly why I stay at Marriott hotels and Marriott Resorts. The rate was awesome and the amenities are more than adequate. Thanks Corey for going the extra mile to make this feel like my home away from home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Larry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments rgarding your experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. I am glad that we were able to achieve our goal of total gest satisfaction with the accommodations and service you received. I thank you for personally recognizing Corey and I have shared your comments with him and he appreciates it. We hope to welcome you back soon on a future visit to Gainesville!

Steven Bradshaw

Been to SpringHill Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!