“I don't know what everyone is complaining...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“I don't know what everyone is complaining...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I thought this place was very good. We stayed during graduation weekend when Gainesville is a total zoo, but it was still fairly quiet. I thought the breakfast was good for a free breakfast. I would stay again but it usually an expensive hotel to justify something that isn't a special occasion.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Springhill Suites Gainesville. We are glad to hear that your stay including the breakfast was enjoyable and would love to welcome you back on a future visit to the area. Since you did stay during a Graduation weekend our rates may have been higher than normal, please contact me directly when you plan to visit again and I will personally make sure that you get the Best Rate Available as we are typically very competively priced in the Gainesville market.

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband, son and I stayed on the property for two nights. The room was clean and very spacious since we were given the handicap accessible room. My adult son found the pull out couch uncomfortable but fortunately we had an inflatable mattress that he used instead. The work out room was well equipped and in good service. The employees were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Springhill Suites Gainesville. I am certainly glad to hear that with the exception of the Sofa Bed mattress you were very happy with your stay. In a reassurance that we do listen to our guest comments and suggestions I want to let you know that over the next few weeks we will be replacing many of the Sofa bed mattresses in the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Gainesville and if I can be of any assistance please contact me directly.

miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

I go to Gainesville quite often, and the Springhill Suites is a nice place to stay when I visit. It is in a convenient location right off of the highway. It also is on a main road where many restaurants and shops are. It is close to the UF campus, too. The hotel itself is nice, the rooms are spacious and the staff is friendly. There is breakfast in the morning that's free. The hotel is always clean. It is a great place to stay when visiting Gainesville.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Springhill Suites Gainesville. Let me first thank you for your loyalty to the Springhill Suites and I am glad that we are your hotel of choice when visiting Gainesville. We look forward to welcoming you many more times in the future and if we can do anything to make your stays more enjoyable please let me know.

Fairfield, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We reserved connecting rooms. One room had a broken toilet seat. When someone came to look at it, we were told it could not be fixed until morning (when we would we checking out). Our choices were to move to non-adjoining rooms (which doesn't work with children) or stay where we were. We were not offered a discount for our trouble.

The bathrooms are old and worn as is the furniture in the living area. The desk chair had a nasty stain on it. The beds were hard as a rock. I will not stay with this chain again. It is not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SHSGainesvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Springhill Suites by Marriott Gainesville. Please be assured that we take all guest comments and concerns very seriously as a valuable tool in our ongoing efforts to provide superior accommodations and service.

First let me apologize for the issues you encountered, we certainly understand the challenges of traveling with children and then to not have everything in your room working properly or up to standard is not acceptable to us. We do have a limited amount of adjoining rooms on the property so I apologize for the inability to move you to other adjoining rooms. We have personally inspected these rooms with our team to ensure that all of your concerns have been addressed and the rooms are up to standard for the next guest.

Once again please accept my apologies and if there is anything I can do for you on a future visit to Gainesville please let me know and I will take care of the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

An embarrassment to Marriott. It looks and feels old in the rooms... with poor room layouts, bathrooms, staff and breakfast(OK eggs, watery grits, cold pancakes and NO WAFFLES!). INCREDIBLY OVERPRICED AT $100+ a night! The allegedly soundproof glass is a flat out lie since every sound can be heard on the second floor. Asked for a ONE hour extension on a Sunday checkout and was treated like I was asking for a free night.
Hotel gets overrun with large groups.
LARGE GROUPS OF TEENAGERS LOUD All DAY AND NIGHT!
Wi-Fi is a joke.

• Stayed June 2012
, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all of our reviews very seriously so that we can better serve our guests. I apologize for the difficulties you faced during your stay. Please contact us if we can be any assistance to you in the future, to help make your next stay better.
Huye, Rwanda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The manager might want to think about changing the hours of the pool, if possible. There were guests out at the pool until 11pm, which isn't a problem if they were just swimming. They were playing very loud music, which they did turn off after I called the front desk. But then they were talking and yelling just as loud as their music. Thus, I would not recommend staying in a room anywhere near the pool. We did not sleep very well. Breakfast was alright, but there was no juice due to the machine leaking. Maybe next time is happens, pitchers of water could be put out instead. We usually stay at Marriott's, but this is not one we will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the pool!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
SHSGainesville, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Room was updated and basically clean although there was a strange hair on the bed. Front desk staff was not very friendly. Free breakfast buffet was not good - eggs tasted fake (inedible). Belgian waffles might have been nice but a family's multiple kids decided to make 4 each which exceeded the breakfast time so we had to pass. Danish & muffins at these places always taste stale. Yogurt was a decent option since it was packaged. We skipped it and went to Panera for breakfast the next day. Starbucks was close by too. This is a noisy place - especially if your room faces the pool. Kids and even a parent screaching morning and night. Kids running up and down hallways. One mistook our room for his at 730am, banging on our door to let him in. No insulation between walls - you can hear everything, water, conversations, TV's, etc. Workout room needs new cardio machines. This might be a good place for quick one night stop while you're on the road but I think there may be better places. This place is surrounded by a Super 8 and Motel 6 - it's OK for a highway stopover but nothing more.

Room Tip: No views here but it may be quieter if you're not facing the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Front Office Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!