“Noisy” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rotonda West, Florida
“Noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed there 2 nights - decent property for the $ but very noisy. Extremely loud AC and very thin walls. We expected to hear I75 traffic but not the next room's phone conversations, TV and even sneezes. Go elsewhere if you want a quiet room. Brkfast below par for a Marriott hotel. Room size is a plus however.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
SHSGainesville, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all of our reviews very seriously so that we may better serve our guests. I would like to apologize for the noise that you experienced and if the is anything we can do in the future please let us know.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
South Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Gainesville for a UF reunion. The SpringHill Suites offered a comfortable experience with a cooperative staff. After checking into our room, we noticed that the A/C was not cooling properly; it was also very noisy. The staff was very efficient and moved us to a room down the hall. The A/C in this room was better, but was still very loud at night as it cycled on and off. Another issue was the size of the sheets on our king bed. They were too short and did not fit properly - so during the night, the corners kept popping off - exposing the mattress cover. SpringHill Suites should invest in proper-fitting sheets for thick mattresses. My husband and I would probably stay at this property again; as it is difficult to find a hotel in Gainesville that is new, clean and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the ice-maker which is located in the center of the "L" shaped h...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the Time to write a review. We take all of our review seriously so that we can better serve our Guests.
I want to apologize for the issues you incountered during your stay. I will make sure that our engineer is told about our the A/C noise and that our Housekeeper is told about our Sheets. If there is anything i can do for you in the future please let me know.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past - each times I have been happy with my stay. Check-in was fast, room is large and clean, bed is comfortable, free breakfast is decent, and hotel is close to I-75. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a rewiew, I am Glas that you had a Comfortable stay with us and plaese let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.
Jensen Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I was recently hospitalized at Shands for for a week. The staff at Springhill were exceptional. My family was treated very well and everyone went out out their way to assist them and make their stay much better. I have a follow up scheduled at the hospital the first of the month and my wife has already booked her room. These people have taken service to another level. Thanks for your assistance. We will be seeing you again very soon. Glen Blakley

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
SHSGainesville, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am happy to here that your family had a comfortable stay with us. Please let us know if we can be any help in teh future and hope that you get well soon and come back and see us for a happier reason.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed at the hotel between August 10-14th for my orientation to the University of Florida MBA Program. There were several other students there also. Although the hotel is the furthest from the campus, it was worth it. This was a minor inconvenience, especially considering that the perks of the hotel made up for geography.

The conditions of the room really made for an enjoyable stay. The fridge, pantry area, large bathroom area, closet, and separate seating area allowed space to spread out. It was nice to be complaint-free when listening to my classmates describe their hotel rooms.

The staff at the front desk are pleasant and helpful. I consider myself to have been somewhat of a high maintenance guest, as I had coordinated the shuttle service, which all of the other students were utilizing as well. The staff made this seamless, providing reliable service for all of us. The shuttle drivers were also very pleasant, and prompt to pick me up from the Gainesville airport. I also requested to have a taxi pick me up for my return flight at 4:00 a.m. on Sunday, and walked downstairs to find the driver already waiting. I am thoroughly impressed with the reliability of the staff.

Really hope I can continue to have wonderful things to say about this hotel, as I stay there throughout this program.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know if we can do anything for you in the future.
Greenville, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

This hotel is a modern, attractive, reasonably priced option. The biggest complaint is the quality of the furnishings in the room and the extremely loud a/c and mini-fridge.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We take each review very seriously, to help better serve our guests. I would like to apologize for the AC being loud and so that you know we are taking the step to go and just and clean every AC unit in the hotel as a project. If there is anything we can do in the future please let us know.
Rockville, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Went to Gainesville for UF Freshman orientation. The hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport. Hotel is about 15 past the campus (in no traffic). I didn't realize the hotel was this far from UF when I booked. Hotel rate was good and room was good size with two beds. But..., after 1st night, switched to another hotel.

Below are my comments about what I didn't like. Keep in mind that some of this is to be expected for this level of hotel. I think that if someone wants this level of hotel, the Springhill Suites Gainesville is perfectly fine. It is clean & the rooms are nice. However, I was just too uncomfortable in the bed, didn't like being so far from campus, and was frustrated that the shuttle was unavailable.

What I didn't like:
1. Beds were very saggy;

2. Linens were not good quality - nubby sheets, thin, old, grey towels;

3. Shuttle service - only 1 shuttle at the hotel. Never available. When we booked the hotel, they said the shuttle could take us back & forth to UF. However, other than picking us up at the airport, the shuttle was not available for any of the next 3 days of our stay. The shuttle was already booked to take people to & from the airport. For the morning we had planned to leave, the shuttle was not up & running yet (we needed to leave just before 7 a.m.).

4. Distance to UF

5. No food in the hotel. Got there in the evening. Kind of hungry. Cookie jar in lobby was empty. I inquired about more cookies - they said they didn't have any more. (We ordered food into the room from a local delivery place & it was excellent).

6. Toiletries were eh. But, that's not a deal-breaker - if I had known, would have brought some.

What was good about the room -
1. Spacious w/2 beds
2. Free Wi-Fi
3. Shuttle service when available

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about our Hotel. We take every review very seriously for that we can better serve our guests. If there is anything we can do for in the future please let us know.
Front Office Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!