“First rate staff! Thank you, Britni.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Sunny Florida
“First rate staff! Thank you, Britni.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We came as a large, boisterous group and Britni handled everything flawlessly.There were other guests and groups at the hotel at the time and she helped us find space to enjoy our weekend while (hopefully) not disturbing others. Not once did she yell at our boys or make us feel unwelcome. We told her she will be a great mom some day. For now, she is an asset to Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
It's always great to hear that our employees are exceeding your expectations. Britni is an asset to our company and I hope that she will be with us to greet you on your next trip.

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hands down the best place to stay if you are doing anything on Rainbow River! We tried to get closer to the river, could not, but so glad we didn't. Loved the indoor pool, warm cookies and not being kicked out of the pool area or hot tub even when it was kind of, OKAY...REALLY late! Big tub in the SUPER clean room was awesome. We loved it so much that we tried to come back the following weekend, but the place was full!

• Stayed August 2013
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I'm glad that our staff took such good care of you! I'm so sorry we didn't have the availability for the following weekend. I hope you'll give it another chance. Please try to book in advance as we tend to fill up on the weekends epsecially if it's a football game weekend. GO GATORS!!
Beaufort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Don't know what was better - the cleanliness of the motel or the friendliness of the staff. The location was great, and I am appreciative that, miraculously, some motels understand there are still miserable, lower life forms, like my brother and I, who smoke. It was wonderful to walk into this place, sight unseen, and get a room, and a "smoking" room at that. SICK of the trend of going totally smoke-free, as if the smokers of the world have just vanished into thin air. But, that's another story.

Anyway - this is an excellent, clean motel, right off the intererstate, close to downtown Gainesville. with a Cracker Barrel right next door (and an excellent one also - great rib-eye steak - who'd-a-thunk?). We were there because our brother was literally dying at Shands hospital up the road. The lady at the front counter gave a quote, then went down a bit for govt/AARP rate, which was nice enough. Then, when I explained the dilemma of not knowing when or even whether we'd be checking out the next day, as we would be at the hospital and didn't know what was going to happen, she gave us the motel's card and told us to call - that, basically, check-out for the next day was whatever time we needed it to be. As if that wasn't enough, she then came down even further on the rate, due to our sad circumstances. That was just excellent.

The rooms themselves are very comfortable, lots of channels on the flat-screen TV, and the oh-so-convenient microwave and small fridge. Nikce bathrooms, too. Beds were comfortable.

I've never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites before, but you can bet I will look specifically for them in the future. I can only hope the cleanliness, comfort, and service is as good as the one at this location. The rooms were great, restaurant right there in "safe" walking distance, etc. And the people cared about what was going on with us. They were wonderful in every way during a really hard time for us, and I'll never forget that. We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I'm so sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. I am glad the we were able to make this time a little less stressful for you. Thank you so much for taking the time to sing our praises. I hope you will get a chance in the future to visit under better circumstances. Our thought s are with you.
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great friendly hotel. Stayed 2 nights. All of the staff is very polite, friendly and professional. Nice big rooms. Love having a mini refrigerator, microwave and coffeepot. Breakfast was good, a lot of choices. Scrabbled eggs only item that I didn't care for at all. When I come back to Gainesville I will definitely stay here again. Location is close to a Target shopping center and the freeway (yet room was quiet), I can't think of anything even slightly negative about this hotel. Highly recommend. Management does a very good job!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for the rave review! I'm glad you enjoyed all the ammenities we have to offer. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Gainesville.
Fox Lake, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had traveled all night and half the day and needed to sleep.. I always stay at the Country Inn while traveling. Then have large clean bug free rooms, great free breakfast, indoor pools with hot tubs and staff that are really caring and accommodating. Beds are always fern and clean. I only stay at Country Inn when I travel.

Room Tip: I was there and the rooms where pretty sound proof. No problems with AC. If your alone get the sing...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thanks for your loyalty! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you on your return trip.
IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stopped on my way to FL to visit a friend, not realizing that it was football season in a college town. I stopped here because I've stayed in Country Inn & Suites before and have never had a bad room or bad experience and that night was no exception. From the front desk to the room to the location, all was beyond my expectations. You cannot go wrong with the CI&S chain and especially not this location in Gainesville!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Wow! I'm so glad you are happy with our brand. I'm also glad we were able to accommodate you on such a busy weekend. Maybe next time you'll have tickets for the game. Thank you!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stopped for a one night stay on our way to Orlando. The hotel was very nice, as well as the staff. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool, as they were able to swim even though there was a storm outside. We loved getting up in the morning and walking next door to the Cracker Barrel restaurant. We would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone going Gainesville.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing Country inn & Suites for your stop in Gainesville. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel. I hope you'll take advantage of our free hot breakfast on your next trip.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville? Share your experiences!