“Clean hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
“Clean hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Nice bright lobby. Clean rooms. Good breakfast. Located right off interstate. I'm a non smoker so it was a plus to me when I walked through the hallway without smelling smoke. We requested to be far away from smoking levels do we were put on 2nd floor.

• Stayed April 2013
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel so much. As always we do our best to cater to any requests you may have. Please feel free to make your requests at check in or better yet, call ahead so that we can have everything prepared for you upon arrival. Thank you for your response and we hope to see you on your future travels.

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Winter Haven, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Sadly, this property used to be among the best and most consistent hotels in Gainesville. However, the management has recently changed direction on their view of guests.

During my last and final stay, I was dissatisfied with my reservation, so I brought it to the attention of the front desk receptionist after check-in. She agreed to my request. However, after not being contacted by the manager the next day, it turns out they refused to change my reservation or give me my money back. Horrible experience.

Honestly, the area has so many better and more reliable choices, I wouldn't risk being ripped off. Learn from my mistake.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Unfortunately our records do not show any person matching your profile who stayed at the hotel in January 2013 nor do we have an understanding as to what the issue was from the review. We have consistently maintained a high standard of customer service for the last many years. We pride ourselves in doing the right thing for our customers. That is the reason so many of trip advisor guests have written great reviews of our hotel. Unfortunately in this case not enough information is provided for us to resolve any reservation discrepancy which may have occurred. Lack of contact information on trip advisor guest profile limits our ability to understand what actually happened or get additional information. Please contact the hotel and give us an opportunity to learn more about the problem.
Our hotel has one of the highest rankings in customer satisfaction in the Gainesville Market.
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel was perfectly situated just off I-75 in Gainesville. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was very nice.
We used this hotel as an overnight stay between Atlanta, GA and Miami.
There is a Cracker Barrel just behind the hotel. No need to drive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I'm glad that you found our hotel clean and convenient. Our staff strives to make your stay a great one. I hope to see you again on your return trips to Miami.
Margate, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights recently and had a pleasant stay. Rooms were clean and nice. Customer service at the desk was very good. The breakfast was average, and a bit of a madhouse. They do have an indoor pool which was taken over by insane children. We also arrived at 3pm to check in and had to wait for half an hour. But overall a nice place in a good location. The room was a bit pricey but I would still recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
As you know, the time of your stay was a very busy time in Gainesville. I'm sorry that we fell short of our standards and that you had to wait to check in. I'm glad that your experience overall was a good one. I hope that you will stay with us again and give us the opportunity to make it up to you.
central florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel provided everything I was looking for - very clean (from outside landscaping, to lobby, elevators, pool and room), very comfortable, and staffed by personable/helpful front desk employees.

The complimentary breakfast is well-stocked and more than one employee was working the breakfast room each morning while I was there - at times they helped bus tables (even though it's a clean-up-after-yourself set-up).

There was usually more than one person working the front desk, too, and questions and requests were handled courteously and efficiently. It was obvious that customer satisfaction mattered.

It is a cozy sort of place for being a chain, as others have noted - lobby cookies, tea, coffee; compimentary newspapers; fireplace; lending library. Also, as noted, very conveniently located - you can walk to the Cracker Barrel, drive to a zillion other near-by restaurants, both chains and local spots, markets, theatre, the University, etc.

Less than four hundred dollars for three nights (all various taxes included) seems a fair value to me. I will be returning to Gainesville and look forward to this being "home base" again.

(Note: The pool is in-doors, so not a place to sit in the sun in the summer months.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
I'm so glad to hear all the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel. The entire staff works very hard to make this your "home away from home". I have printed your review for the staff to read as it is always nice to hear when you're doing a good job. It also helps motivate us to do an even better job the next time, so thank you for that. We all look forward to seeing you again.
Winter Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Hotel has a cozy country inn feel. Usually stay Marriott so this was a nice surprise. The room was nice but candy wrappers from past guest were left on the floor. Although room looked clean the wrappers make it suspect to me. Bed was nice bit pillows and blanket are terrible. Bathroom was very nice. Breakfast was fair. The he naked cookies in the lobby were nice.

• Stayed March 2013
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us. As a matter of fact, we have recently completed re-training with our housekeeping staff. We are working diligently to see that this doesn't happen again, as this does not hold up to our normal standards. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make this up to you when you are in the area again.
Combined Locks, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at many CI and S. This one of the best by far. The Queen suites are large and quiet despite being close to the highway. There are restaurants close. The breakfast was also very good
My only negative is that they do allow smoking in some rooms. I do not appreciate walking out of my room to the odor of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed February 2013
Pearl N, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments. I'm glad you liked the room and enjoyed the breakfast. I hope you will visit our hotel again. I'm sorry you were bothered by the smell from the smoking rooms. When you make your next reservation, please comment that you wish to be away from any smoking rooms, that way we can be sure to assign you a room on a lower floor as our smoking rooms are all on the 6th floor. Again my apologies for that inconvenience.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gainesville? Share your experiences!