“Lives up to its reputation” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Inverness, Illinois
“Lives up to its reputation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very nice hotel. Especially for a college town. Clean, looked new. Rooms nice size. Internet very good. Work out facility had newer cardio equipment and free weights. Not extravagant but did the job. Did not use pool, but heard it was nice. Breakfast was O.K. Need to spread things out a bit and seating is very limited. Cookies and coffee in the lobby a nice touch. With a son just starting the UF would definitely go back. But make sure you check your reservation confirmation. We were booked incorrectly and had to spend the first night in the last room available which was a smoking room. Awful. Once we got our room, very nice. Had a king suite. Private bedroom for us and a pull-out sofa in a separate room for our son. Also, really appreciated the magnified mirror in the bathroom. Helped putting on make-up immensely!

Room Tip: Large hotel. Can be noisy. We requested upper floor toward the end of the hall.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for a great description of our beautiful hotel. We do have coupons in the books, so make sure you pick one up.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
SW Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had planned on leaving Fort Lauderdale and driving straight to AL to see family--the kids got tired and crabby and we decided to stop for the nite to let them rest, and to give ourselves a break. We learned about this hotel from one of those hotel coupon booklets that are offered at rest areas. We saw they had a coupon and had a lot of the amenities we enjoy (indoor pool, hot tub, free parking and wifi, free hot breakfast) and had good ratings, so we decided to give it a go! We called from about an hour away to make sure they had availability and Carol was very courteous and helpful on the phone!

We got here and was very pleasantly pleased with the location--right off of the highway, right down the street from stores and restaurants, yet far enough away to relax and enjoy the quiet. The entrance was warm and inviting, and very clean.

Our room was 308, and it was spacious with 2 queen beds. The closet has extra pillows, which worked out well with keeping our kids on the bed. The beds were PERFECT! The pillows were the best! I do think the room was built for tall people--the beds were high off of the floor and the ceilings are very high! Great for my husband, interesting for my short self! But the comfort and nice decorations were just right.

The bathroom was clean and we had enough towels. The water here is hard, so be prepared with lotion!

The breakfast was hot and filling. We had the eggs (pretty basic), sausage (not so bad), hashbrowns (meh) and waffles (AWESOME!). There was plenty of juices, cereals, fruits also. The lady working there was very friendly and chatted with customers, making sure everyone was all set. The customer service here is wonderful!

We saw the pool and hot tub but had to get back on the road so we didn't get to use it. It's small, but I did get to feel the water and it was cool--just right.

Overall, this was an excellent find! If we weren't on our way to see family, we would've considered staying here another nite and seeing what Gainesville has to offer! And with a noon check-out time, we didn't feel rushed to leave! This stay made me learn more about Country Inn and Suites, and we look forward to trying their other locations if we need to!

Room Tip: Room 308 was at the end and we heard NO ONE else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you visit us again at the Country Inn & Suites in Gainesville, Florida. On non-event days we do honor the coupon rate in the coupon book usual located in rest area stops.
Niceville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Clean, large room with nice beds, great internet service, plenty of TV channels & the best staff ever encountered! Breakfast is decent, afternoon cookies are delicious! Got substantial discount with "Hospital/Medical Rate" - by direct phone contact to location - for 2 nights while having surgery at Shands. All staff, especially Pearl, exceptionally friendly, caring, helpful & professional. Hopefully, I won't need to return to Shands, but I know where to stay if I do!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Country Inn & Suites Gainesville, Florida is the place to stay when visiting Gainesville, Florida. Whether you are going to the hospitals are the University of FLorida come stay with us. Thank you and we are glad you stayed with us.
Santa Monica, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Moving my son to Gainesville for graduate school meant staying in a hotel for a few nights. I'm glad we chose Country Inn & Suites. Everything was clean, new looking, and well laid out. The room was large (sofa bed for son, king for daughter and I). Great internet service and probably the best selection of TV stations I've encountered at a hotel or condo. Front desk staff were always professional and friendly. Breakfast provided was adequate and filling with the usual choices of waffles, an egg choice, cereal, and plenty of fresh fruit.

Although it is a bit of a drive to the University, it is very easy to do. A stone's throw away is a Cracker Barrel.

I'll be looking for this chain for future travel options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Only a few miles from the University of Florida Country Inn & Suites Gainesville, Florida is the place to stay. Great Customer Service, Great Customer Service and many special amenities. Hope to see you again soon.
Panacea, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have stayed there last year and had an amazing time. Our daughter has special needs so when we went to Gainesville last year and found where it is located we said that's the place for us. The people who work there are so friendly and helpful. They have reasonable rates and we enjoy the pool and also breakfast. We just went again and had a terrible time at the hospital so when I called to see if we could get the room for another night there were no problems. When we arrived there they listened to our story and offered us a snack sac (which was appropriate since we had not eaten in 18 hours) Clean, Comfortable, Centrally located, indoor pool and breakfast, it's the only place we stay. Thanks for having us

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
patti1995, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Country Inn & Suites Gainesville, Florida. Are guest are like our family and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. Customer Service is what matters and a great stay is important to us. We hope to see you again.
Oakland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I spent last night at Country Inn. To tell the truth, I have always avoided these hotels because I'd had a horrible experience at a Radisson and I refused to patronzie Carlson because of it. But my husband was hospitalized in Gainesville and the 210 round trip drive to my home was becoming exhausting. I had no clothes, no toiletries, etc. I called in advance and they gave me a wonderful rate and when I asked for directions to the closest WalMart to buy clothes and toiletries, they told me they would have everything I needed. They also mentioned that they had an indoor pool, and a hot breakfast. So, at WalMart, I bought clothes and a bathing suit. When I arrived, the clerk already had a bag of toiletries waiting for me. The person I spoke to on the phone had let the clerk know. It was so late when I arrived, the pool was about to close. With all the stress of my husband being hospitlized, that pool looked amazing. The clerk told me that he would keep it open 30 minutes longer for me. That characterizes everything about my short visit. Attention to detail, kindness, compassion. The 9 hours I spent there was such a stress reliever during this time. I will be grateful forever. The breakfast, coffee and fresh cookies were wonderful as well!

Room Tip: For value and a great staff, this is the place in Gainesville.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Great Service is what matters when you stay at Country Inn & SUites in Gainesville, Florida. We strive to please our guest and make their stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again real soon!!
Melrose, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have stayed in several Country Inns around the Eastern US and this one may be our favorite. The staff are always friendly. The rooms are are great and worth the price. You can find cheaper places to stay nearby but you'll get what you paid for. My husband and I spent a weekend here once in a whirlpool room with a king bed and it was amazing. The pool is indoors, probably the only fault I personally have about the place b/c we enjoy the sun however, not enough to keep us from returning. The breakfast staff are so helpful and encouraged us to take the "real" dishes with our food to our rooms to enjoy our breakfast. Can you imagine? I was thrilled. The food selection is great too. They actually stand in the kitchen and cook some food. There are always cookies and hot coffee in the lobby too.

Room Tip: We have stayed in double and king with whirlpool, both were great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for a great reveiw. We thrive on our great amenities we offer. Country Inn & Suites in Gainesville, Florida is the only hotel with a wonderful indoor heated pool & spa, GREAT location next to I-75 & the Cracker Barrel, a breakfast that we serve on real dishes with silverware and many more surprises for our guest. Come stay with us again and thank you for choosing the best hotel in Gainesville, Florida!