“Excellent if you know what to order” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
High Springs, Florida
“Excellent if you know what to order”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

For years this has been one of my favorite places to go out and have a casual dinner. What they do well is excellent but they don't do everything well. Specifically, I have learned to stay away from their beef, pizza and sandwhiches. Their chicken dishes, seafood, pork and pasta and great. I love their marsala! And take a look at the desserts in their case. Their chocolate cake makes it worth going there just for dessert (which I have done on numerous occasions). I think the prices are very reasonable and the meals come with a salad. I enjoy the atmosphere and have never had bad service. Show up before 7pm and take advantage of their $10 menu -the stuffed pork loin is my favorite!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Alachua, Florida
“Angry and Disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had always heard about Pomodoro on the radio and decided to give it a try with my girls. We arrived before the early dinner rush and planned to order a pizza to economize. What brought us in was what I like to call "false advertising." I read the big sign outside and it mentioned a pizza and drink special. The waitress informed me however that only applies to take out! Sadly, that's what drew us in and I wanted to get up and leave but I was dealing with 3 hungry teenagers and I was stuck. The bread that arrived was quite mediocre and did the balsamic dipping sauce no justice! The waitress promised us silverware but we never got it. Nor did we get any napkins!!! After I was half way through with my soup( broth/chicken which was sparce), I found out I could have had fresh ground cheese on it. Sadly again, it was never offered and I only found out because I requested it on my pizza. It seems to me from other Trip Advisor reviewers, that the staff really needs some serious training. Pay attention to your customers, Pomodoro we are paying your salary! P. S. Pizza was undercooked!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Solid Italian food with a little Allegria thrown in!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

A thorough Italian menu, with well-made food. A few of the more sophisticated entrees (polenta, risotto) can fall a bit short, but overall everything tastes fresh, is well-seasoned, and good value. They avoid the pretentiousness of many of their competitors, and rely instead on tasty authentic fare, in a casual, attractive atmosphere.
The best part of every meal here is the outstanding service and downright cheerful staff. I've eaten here many times, and always find the servers to be knowledgeable and entertaining. Mangiare e avere un buon tempo!

Visited July 2012
Gainesville, Florida
“Food OK, Prices reasonable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

A great takeout deal is the 2-for-1 special on the sandwiches and calzones. The food on the whole is OK. The servers seem to be uninspired, distracted, sometimes tense.

Visited June 2012
Gainesville Florida
“Good food but over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Not a fancy place but the price is nearing the level of fancy. I guess they believe the food is worth the extra, I don't agree. Some people love it though.

Visited November 2011