“A Special Place Indeed” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Gainesville
“A Special Place Indeed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2007

My Fiance and now wife have been to Carrabba's on very special occasions in the past (anniversaries and birthdays). It is an exceptional restaurant where you can have a very nice meal with nice ambiance. The waiters/waitresses have always been caring and very polite when we've eaten there. The food is a bit pricey but my wife and I usually have the antipasti platter for the appetizer and then split the salad and the chicken marsala for the main course and with the bread and oil with herbs, it is more than enough food to fill both of us up. As far as the quality of food that is served....it is almost authentic Italian food. I would recommend Carrabba's to anyone.

Gainesville, Florida
“King of Corporate Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2007

We dine at Carrabba's fairly regularly, and most frequently when the students are out of town. The food is light years better than other corporate Italian places, like Olive Garden for instance, but it isn't cheap. The price puts Carrabba's in direct competition with locally-owned Italian fine dining establishments like Manuel's VIntage Room downtown, or Deneno's in Alachua. If you're looking for an intimate fine dining experience, go with one of the locals. Otherwise, Carrabba's is as good as it gets in Gainesville for high energy, high quality Italian fare.

A TripAdvisor Member
“It was good...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2004

I recently dined at Carrabba's Italian Grill for the first time. I was fairly impressed. The prices were reasonable, the food was good, and the service was excellent. I'd have to say that the service was what made the experience what it was. I've never had my food served that quickly before, and the bartenders and waiter were very friendly/helpful.