“Good for Tomato Intolerant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #127 of 432 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Barbecue, Family Fare
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
Gainesville, Florida
“Good for Tomato Intolerant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love the sliced pork and the mustard based barbecue (packets only) because it tops the meat off perfectly. I miss BBQ with the no tomatoes in my diet, but I can enjoy the smell and enjoy a meal with BBQ lovers. Be careful of over meats since they are marinated or pre-sauced upon arrival.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Go to BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Love my Sonnys bbq, can't go wrong when your craving bbq. Love the pork sandwich on bun or garlic bread piled with coleslaw and choice of sauces. Love the salad bar,chicken salad is yum! Good food and good value, don't forget the sweet ice tea!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Stay AWAY!! Eat at the Archer Rd location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

The server Evelyn was great. The price was good for the food! But the food was HORRIBLE! Got sick from the coleslaw had to excuse myself from the table to vomit. Ask to speak too manager on duty twice before he came to the table. Told manager what the problem was he act as if he could care less! Cleaning the tables was more IMPORTANT than fixing the problem! Got more fresh food and the chicken WASNT DONE ALL THE WAY THE SECOND TIME. Ask for the check so I could pay so I could leave. Called corporate in Orlando Fl. Manager called me 3 days later and said she would called back and I NEVER HEARD FROM HER! I WILL NEVER EAT AT THIS LOCATION NOR WILL I RECOMMAND ANYONE TO THIS LOCATION!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS LOCATION AND GO TO THE ONE ON ARCHER RD!

• Visited September 2013