“Loved it! Great all around!” 5 of 5 stars

3833 Nw 97th Blvd, Gainesville, FL
Improve this listing
Ranked #102 of 461 restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Seafood
“Loved it! Great all around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend Wahoo to anybody who loves to enjoy a great meal in a very laid back and relaxing atmosphere! Foods great, drinks are great, service is awesome and they even have live band! Loved Wahoo and will definitely be returning!!

69% Recommend
“Friendly service, great food, cool atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Have been hearing mixed reviews about Wahoo's but I ate there with my family last week and absolutely loved it. The food was great, our server was helpful and friendly, and there were decent prices. Definitely loved the boom boom shrimp, the blackened fish tacos, and the blackened grouper. Hope your experience was as good as ours. Will be visiting again soon!

Florida
“Really, really terrible!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We ate at Wahoo's tonight and had a very memorable experience. The drinks were correct, but just about everything else was a disaster. 3 different sets of wings were served without any sauce. They were simply fried wings with no taste and despite our mentioning they were not spicy or barbecue, server had no explanation and made no attempt to correct. Hamburgers were served wrong TWICE, should have been plain and came with shredded lettuce and sauce. The seafood "stew" was $9 and was clear broth, with 2 shrimp, 2 scallops and 2 clams. Server indicated as she was serving it that he might want a different choice. So why the heck let someone order it or even have it on the menu. The manager acknowledged all our problems and readily agreed that the meal was a complete disaster, in his words "a cornucopia of failure". He did take part of the cost of meals off. He was slow to speak and seemed to have been drinking. Strongly suggest that you avoid this place at all costs.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Shawn S, Owner at Wahoo Seafood Grill & Bar, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Im so sorry about this experience, I can say that we do our very best to put out a quality product and if we feel the customer is not satisfied, with the food or the service we do our very best to make it right in this case I spoke to the manager right after this issue and it is my understanding that he took everything off the bill that was a mistake and also a few beers as well for the fact we had made such disaster of your experience. I am glad that there was concern on our part. I have been doing this long enough to understand we are going to make some mistakes, but to at the very least do our best to correct them and learn from them. I don't know exactly how wings can go out without sauce but I promise this will not be taken lightly. Thank you for the info and again I can assure you this will be a learning experience for my young staff.
“Loved Wahoos, give them a shot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

For the first time in almost a year, my husband and I enjoyed a rare night out to ourselves. When searching the webpage for the menu, we found many sites, with reviews that were not very kind, in most cases. We decided to try for ourselves, hoping we would have a different experience. And we did.

The staff was kind and courteous, the food was delicious and quick to the table, the prices were good considering the quality and quantity of food. I have lived in Gainesville for many years and I can say in my opinion that this was one of the best first timer experience that I have ever had. I kept waiting for something to go terribly wrong, but as the meal progressed it just got better.

I know that any restaurant can have a bad day, but whatever kinks needing work have been handled. I am very glad that we went and we cannot wait to return with parents and children. I will be recommending this restaurant for others and I hope people that have had bad experiences will give them another try because I truly hope this business has success.

• Visited June 2013
“Unexpected surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Was looking for a place to eat on our way Tampa and saw the billboards on I-75. Glad we stopped for lunch. Grouper was fried perfectly, very fresh and piping hot. Shrimp and grits were good also. Would stop again.

• Visited June 2013