“Great Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Longwood, Florida
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Big yum muffins and great sausage gravy. Had breakfast there Sat am after night out, it helped me become human again, Server filled coffee before I needed to ask.......

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gainesville, Florida
“Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I called in and I ordered a carrot cake for my daughter’s birthday. The person answering the phone was very nice and the order was taken in a respectful manner.

I arrived at the bakery around 2:30 pm to pick up the cake. The cake was ready to go packed in a very flimsy box. I asked the lady that waited on me to open up the box in order for me to preview the cake, so she did. The cake looked nice; all it was missing is the traditional happy birthday statement on it. I asked the young lady if someone can write on the cake “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” she stated “no the bakery is closed down for the day and no one was there to do so”. I responded by saying do you sell the paper funnel with the icing in it and I will write the statement on it. She responded with a look indicating apparent disgust with me “no we don’t you heard me, I already told you so”. I said I was wishing not demanding and no need to be disrespectful. She called another server and asked her to finish the transaction and hastily walked away.

I was in a bind since my daughter and the family was waiting on the cake. My daughter is pregnant and she asked for the carrot cake. I should have walked out and never bought the cake. However, I did to please the crowd and took the cake home without the “Happy Birthday” statement. I asked for the manager and there was no management on the premises, I asked how can I reach a manager and I was told you can find the manager at a number she provided on a business card that she gave me with the receipt. I called as soon as I left the store to find out that the number she gave me was the store not the office number. SO I DECIDED TO WRITE THE REVIEW.

When people own a small business certain courtesies should apply. Staff must work harder on being nice to customers especially the ones that frequent the place approximately once a month or so. In plain English, suck up to the customer don’t turn them off.

• Visited July 2013
South Carolina
“Very Good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Food was fresh and tasty.
Had a grilled ham and three cheese sandwich- above average in taste. Same for our griled veggie sandwich made up of two cheeses, zucchini , lettuce and tomato.
Good coffee.
Plenty of desert choices in a nice display case.
Nothing special with the seating etc.
Noticed a steady flow of customers getting to go orders.
Parking was very convenient.
We'd make it a regular stop if we lived nearby.

Visited August 2012
SE USA
“Great menu, friendly people and plenty of parking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The bakery Mill and Deli is a small place, well-run and worth driving up the hill for.

The service is always friendly and one really gets the impression they are happy to serve you.

The menu is varied - salads, sandwiches and bakery items. The grilled cheese is made with three cheeses and, if you like, with jalapeños on it. It is melty and yummy. The salads are very good and come with a side. (Try the side of fruit - it's cut up and a good variety of fruit).

While you're waiting you can look over at the bakery display and decide what you want for dessert - it's a big selection and their cakes are enormous.

This a default lunch spot for us. We've been back, and back, and back some more - never disappointed.

• Visited May 2012