Unfortunately we made a trip to the nearby VA hospital. Booking this hotel online, I thought it was beautiful. Entering our room not so much. Leaving to take my WWII vet grandfather to hospice there was no refund for the night we did not stay as it was after 11 am, like I knew we would be heavy-hearted and headed for hospice. Rooms are outdated,but you get what you pay for. Free breakfast was packaged muffins, bread, and bagels. nothing hot and fresh. Mr. Patel seemed sincere the evening we arrived, however the lady that checked us out was not empathetic at all to our situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are newly remodeled and finished our remodel late 2010. We now have new bed, new bedspreads, new carpets, new exterior, new interiors and offer a quaint breakfast selection. We still have our sparkling clean pool, and plenty of parking. We accommodate students, parents, truckers and travelers of all kinds, though, we are sorry we do not accept pets. We are conveniently located close to the Football stadium of the University of Florida, Shands Hospital, the VA Hospital, Gainesville Airport, and Gainesville Racetrack (home of GatorNational). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Howard Johnson Gainesville
- Gainesville Howard Johnson