I stay here once a week because my commute is so long that it is almost as cheap as the gas I spend for a round trip, plus I get extra hours of shut eye, which is important during a 13 hour shift. The rooms are clean, the beds are VERY comfortable (and new) and it is worth every penny. It is not a five star hotel (some of the trims are outdated/mismatched, despite recent remodels) but for the price, it is everything I need. The televisions are big, with HBO free, I think. There is a small coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, safe, fridge (no freezer) and microwave in every room. The bedding is nice, mostly new and pillows are fluffy. The towels are clean and fluffy, but if there was more than one person in the room, you may want to ask for more. There is free wi-fi also and free continental breakfast (I leave too early to have it, but think it's mostly cereal, muffins, toast, fruit, yogurt, coffee, etc). I really recommend them. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I did see a pool, it's small and clean, adequate, but like I said, I am only there for the comfy bed and hot shower in the morning. Also, the rooms are fairly quiet, road noise is almost non-existent. I cannot say how quiet it is when there are neighbors in adjacent rooms, as I have only had a neighbor once, and while I could hear some of the tv noise, that was it (in the morning I could hear their shower on, but ONLY when I was in the bathroom, not from the room). Air conditioners are standard wall mount, floor level units you see in many places. They can be noisy, but I think my brain likes the white noise because I sleep better with them on. Overall a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are newly remodeled and finished our remodel late 2010. We now have new bed, new bedspreads, new carpets, new exterior, new interiors and offer a quaint breakfast selection. We still have our sparkling clean pool, and plenty of parking. We accommodate students, parents, truckers and travelers of all kinds, though, we are sorry we do not accept pets. We are conveniently located close to the Football stadium of the University of Florida, Shands Hospital, the VA Hospital, Gainesville Airport, and Gainesville Racetrack (home of GatorNational). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Howard Johnson Gainesville
- Gainesville Howard Johnson