“I liked the desk and chair in the corner. the desk chair...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Baton Rouge
“I liked the desk and chair in the corner. the desk chair...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I liked the desk and chair in the corner.
the desk chair was comfortable. I also liked that I could get a room with one king sized bed. I also liked that there was a microwave and refridgerator in the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Paul P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your king size room with the desk and chair. The furnishings are new and we are glad that you found them to be comfortable. All of our rooms have a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker and I am pleased that you enjoyed them also. Thank you again, for choosing to stay at the Howard Johnson Gainesville and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Martinsville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here with my parents and this place was amazing. My mother is in a wheelchair with MS and my father is also handicapped. The rooms were more than accomodating and the staff was amazing. I would recommend this hotel anytime you travel through Gainesville. Everything was clean and comfortable. We LOVED it!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are pleased that you and your parents were comfortable during your stay and that you found our staff "amazing". Thank you for your recommendation, it is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.
Deatsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were just there and have stayed at several other motels in area and by far this is the best. We found it to be very clean and confortable the management was very friendly and helpful.
There is not enough I can say about it we just booked for next year when I go back to the doctors. It was that good convient to everything and easy to get around to places.
They go out of their way for you. Thanks to Paul and Jody and all the people that work there
The Pratts.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and there was not a lot of excess noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paul P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to Howard Johnson Gainesville. We very much appreciate your positive feedback and review. We are pleased that you were happy with your room, our location and staff. We try very hard to make our hotel a home away from home for all of our guests. We really enjoyed having you here and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Gainesville. Thank you again for your wonderful review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel was a very nice place to stay! There was enough room for my three little kids, my husband and I. It was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and more then helpful! I was not disappointed in my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
Paul P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are delighted that you found your room clean, comfortable and our staff friendly. It was our pleasure to have you and your precious children here as our guest. We greatly appreciate your recommendation for future guest and welcome you here anytime you visit Gainesville. Diablo our fish says "Hello".

Been to Howard Johnson Express Gainesville? Share your experiences!