“Just what I needed” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 44 hotels in Gainesville

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Do not understand the glowing reviews. Worn, old motel. Unprofessional service. Two used, almost-gone rolls of toilet paper in bathroom that barely lasted the night (gross and tacky). Might stay here again only if the price was right, and only for a night or two.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Paul P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guests comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable, friendly and reasonably priced accommodations. If you should have a problem or forgot an item at home, we just ask that you call guest services and it shall be taken care of immediately. I am sorry that our hotel fell below your expectations and hope that you will give us another chance when you visit Gainesville.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

This was our second stay in this hotel, and we never had problem. It has microwave and refrigerator which they help us a lot. Continental breakfast has little options, but THEY HAVE BREAKFAST. Overall, I'll stay here again, again, and again. Thank you!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Paul P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we welcome you to come and stay with us any time you are in town. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and thank you for your business!
Ashtabula, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had two days to explore the Gainesville area and selected this hotel without reading reviews.
The staff was very pleasant and welcoming, the room suited our needs, and the bed was
super comfortable. We felt we made a good choice. Once back home I realized I had misplaced my phone/address book somewhere during our two week trip. This hotel was the third place I called asking if it had been found. To my great relief I was told it was in their lost and found
and it could be mailed to me. It arrived via priority mail today along with two other important
envelopes and a small paperback book I haven't even missed yet.! I am truly greatful for the return of these items. I believe it reflects on the good customer service and integrity of the owner, Prakash Patel, and his staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our request to see the room before registering was graciously allowed which assured our satisfaction...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our property and staff. Misplacing an item can be frighting, and it was my pleasure to return your items that were left behind. We at Howard Johnson Gainesville strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations and great customer service. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and welcome you anytime you are in town.

Been to Howard Johnson Express Gainesville? Share your experiences!