“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #17 of 44 hotels in Gainesville

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ashtabula, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had two days to explore the Gainesville area and selected this hotel without reading reviews.
The staff was very pleasant and welcoming, the room suited our needs, and the bed was
super comfortable. We felt we made a good choice. Once back home I realized I had misplaced my phone/address book somewhere during our two week trip. This hotel was the third place I called asking if it had been found. To my great relief I was told it was in their lost and found
and it could be mailed to me. It arrived via priority mail today along with two other important
envelopes and a small paperback book I haven't even missed yet.! I am truly greatful for the return of these items. I believe it reflects on the good customer service and integrity of the owner, Prakash Patel, and his staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our request to see the room before registering was graciously allowed which assured our satisfaction...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our property and staff. Misplacing an item can be frighting, and it was my pleasure to return your items that were left behind. We at Howard Johnson Gainesville strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations and great customer service. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and welcome you anytime you are in town.
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

In September of this year my wife was critically and was sent to the ICU at Shands. Needing a place to stay I randomly selected this hotel because it was close to the hospital and offered a reasonable hospital rate. I could not have made a better choice!!! This hotel is operated by a family that treated me like a family member during my lengthy stay. I cannot say enough about the kindness and concern shown to me during this difficult time. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. Above all the beds are heavenly. At the end of an exhausting day at the hospital, that good night's sleep is just what I needed. Many thanks to the wonderful folks at Howard Johnson's. My wife will be returning to Shands in 2013 for reconstructive surgery. I will most certainly be staying here during that time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paul P, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words.

Been to Howard Johnson Express Gainesville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Express Gainesville

Address: 3820 SW 13th Street, Gainesville, FL 32608
Location: United States > Florida > Gainesville
#3 Best Value Hotel in Gainesville
#12 Business Hotel in Gainesville
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Express Gainesville 2*
We are newly remodeled and finished our remodel late 2010. We now have new bed, new bedspreads, new carpets, new exterior, new interiors and offer a quaint breakfast selection. We still have our sparkling clean pool, and plenty of parking. We accommodate students, parents, truckers and travelers of all kinds, though, we are sorry we do not accept pets. We are conveniently located close to the Football stadium of the University of Florida, Shands Hospital, the VA Hospital, Gainesville Airport, and Gainesville Racetrack (home of GatorNational). ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
Howard Johnson Gainesville
Gainesville Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.