“Good economical safe hotel room. Not the Marriott, but not the Super8.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Express Gainesville

Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

In September of this year my wife was critically and was sent to the ICU at Shands. Needing a place to stay I randomly selected this hotel because it was close to the hospital and offered a reasonable hospital rate. I could not have made a better choice!!! This hotel is operated by a family that treated me like a family member during my lengthy stay. I cannot say enough about the kindness and concern shown to me during this difficult time. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. Above all the beds are heavenly. At the end of an exhausting day at the hospital, that good night's sleep is just what I needed. Many thanks to the wonderful folks at Howard Johnson's. My wife will be returning to Shands in 2013 for reconstructive surgery. I will most certainly be staying here during that time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paul P, Manager at Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After staying around town at many hotels over the years for football games, I rank this one the best. The price per night during football season is competitive with hotels around the area. It is close to the campus, but not over priced. The rooms are the nicest I've stayed in and the staff is the friendliest. This was my first time staying here, and I will always stay here now!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Paul P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Howard Johnson Gainesville, your satisfaction is our top priority. I hope you can visit us again soon and please feel free to contact me for any assistance.
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We cannot say enough about the kindness and generosity of the manager of this establishment. We arrived the night before I had a follow up appointment at Shands, in the morning when we got up to go our car would not start, the manager not only drove me to my appointment but also offered to come and get me afterwards if our car was not operating by then. The room was clean, the bed was amazingly comfortable. We will be staying here from now on everytime I need to return to Shands for treatment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Express Gainesville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Express Gainesville

Address: 3820 SW 13th Street, Gainesville, FL 32608
Location: United States > Florida > Gainesville
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Best Value Hotel in Gainesville
#13 Business Hotel in Gainesville
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Express Gainesville 2*
We are newly remodeled and finished our remodel late 2010. We now have new bed, new bedspreads, new carpets, new exterior, new interiors and offer a quaint breakfast selection. We still have our sparkling clean pool, and plenty of parking. We accommodate students, parents, truckers and travelers of all kinds, though, we are sorry we do not accept pets. We are conveniently located close to the Football stadium of the University of Florida, Shands Hospital, the VA Hospital, Gainesville Airport, and Gainesville Racetrack (home of GatorNational). ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
Howard Johnson Gainesville
Gainesville Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Express Gainesville, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.