“Fun atmosphere and great cupcakes” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #156 of 470 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Bakery
Gainesville, Florida
“Fun atmosphere and great cupcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place is the definition of cute. I love this place because you can choose pre made cupcakes or make your own(only at a certain time of day). After you chose your cupcake you can sit in their dining area and play board games. Would highly recommend this place for young adults or couples.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Cupcakes were soggy. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I was disappointed. All the cupcakes were soggy. We did get them to go and ate later... But they were kept inside where they should have been ok.

Gainesville, Florida
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I've been to Sarkara three times now, each time hoping that if I tried something different, I'd see what all the hype was about.

Nope.

I bought a few create-your-owns, a few off the shelf, and even some of their non-cake options. All three trips disappointed. There are several other cupcake options in town, including chain restaurants. All are better.

The cupcakes are dry/old tasting (I've had three different cupcakes over the last 1.5 years or so, so it wasn't just a one-time fluke). There is also a chemical taste in everything I've eaten. It just doesn't taste like what a cupcake should. That, coupled with the $4 price tag, has prompted me to make my last visit the final one.

Sorry, Sarkara. I fear I've wasted one of your loyalty punch cards.

Visited March 2014
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Cupcake heaven in gator town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This small shop in downtown Gainesville is a hidden treasure. I've been in a lot of cupcake shops but had never encountered one that they will custom make your cupcake, until now. In this place you choose your cake flavor, filling, and frosting and for me this is absolutely Awesome. They also have vegan, raw and gluten free cupcakes. Everything is fresh and the taste is heavenly. The place is uniquely decorated and the owners make you feel so welcome. Every time that I go to gator town this place is number one on my list to visit.

Visited September 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Good taste, kinda pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I tried their watermelon cupcakes which I really liked and would try to recreate. The person I went with tried a pumpkin spice cake with cheesecake frosting. Hers was not very good. It tasted pretty artificial. It's an atmosphere where you can just hang out and have fun with friends. There are board games to play and it's pretty spacious. The staff is nice but compared to the size of the cupcake, it was REALLY expensive. I think I'd try to find another place in the future

• Visited August 2013