“Sent back our food and the Mgr had nothing to say” 2 of 5 stars

352-548-4700
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: You'll only need to look around Cody's to see why "Original" is our middle name. You'll enter an era gone by, when things were simpler, more casual and definitely more relaxed. Tubs of roasted peanuts are available throughout for snackin', crackin' or throwin' on the floor. You'll enjoy Cody's fresh cut, flame broiled, USDA prime and choice Steaks, Prime Rib, Rotisserie Chicken, Pork Back Ribs, Fresh, Fresh Fish, Burgers, Fajitas and more. At Cody's, we're proud of our expert cooking skills and we've put the grill front and center for your viewing.All told, Cody's Original Roadhouse is a fun, casual, family friendly Roadhouse that serves "Just Plain Good Food®". You won't go home hungry or broke - you'll just go home happy!
Orlando
“Sent back our food and the Mgr had nothing to say”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My son ordered the brisket and it was horrible, we told the waitress and she just laughed and said I'll get the Mgr. The Mgr came over and said she's been trying for months to get it removed from the menu because no one likes it and that was it; took it off our bill but didn't offer to bring anything else or comp us an appetizer / nothing. The waitress came and said do you want something else; but we had all finished our meals by then. My salmon was very good, small portion but tasty BUT my husband had the $20 ribeye and it had no flavor and a huge chunk of fat on both ends. We were not impressed with Cody's and will not return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Longboat Key, Florida
“Good dinner at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Took my daughter and her friend who are students at UF to dinner there. Good meal at a good price. Even had enough for them to take leftovers home. Good rolls too! I also enjoyed the 2 for 1 happy hour drinks.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Very enjoyable, esp for a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We're not fans of chain restaurants generally, but we really enjoyed Cody's while we lived in Gainesville. The peanuts are a nice treat while you wait...but this isn't the sort of place to go to with any type of nut allergies.

Their soup/salad combo was a great value; I always ordered the baked potato soup along with a salad with their divine white balsamic vinaigrette. Yum! The cinnamon butter on the rolls is delicious, and we loved their fried mushrooms. Pretty much everything we ordered from here was better than expected - again, this is especially true because of our low chain-restaurant expectations.

Wednesdays were 2-for-1 fajitas while we were living there. It's a great value!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Oh wow !!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The sound of my stomach rumbling is making it difficult to concentrate as I write this review. The rumbling is not from the food but rather the lack there of. My family and I chose Cody's because it was pouring rain and it looked warm and inviting. We were seated in our own section where they were breaking down a long table into six or seven small ones. We were the only ones in that section for five minutes or so. Long enough for our server Wally to take our drink orders and come back with the drinks. Next he took our order and disappeared toward the kitchen. It is at this point something seems to have gone arye. We sat and watched as people were seated at all the tables in our section, they gave their drink orders and received them. They gave their dinner orders and received them. They asked for their checks.......and received them !!!!!! At this point we have had an order of greasy fried green tomatoes and a bowl of French onion soup. We have been sitting watching people eat, drink, settle their bills and leave for over fifty (50) minutes. The tables around us actually asked if we were still waiting for our bill.......WE HAD NOT EATEN YET.....mind you we have been waiting for a HAMBURGER, CHICKEN SANDWICH, AND A BOWL OF POTATOE SOUP. We could wait no longer and had Wally bring us our check for what we had gotten and got the hell out of there. So now I sit writing this review with my stomach rumbling in my hotel room, looking for someone that will bring me a burger.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Best Blue cheese burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch. Had the black and blue burger. By far the best one I've had in a while. Cooked perfect and the bun was very soft and had the perfect toasting job on it. I have had supper there's my times however, this was my first lunch experience. Server was very prompt and friendly.

• Visited July 2013