“Disgusted and appalled” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida

You added Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida to your Saves list
Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4000 SW 40th Boulevard, I-75 at Exit #75, Gainesville, FL 32608   |
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
America, The Netherlands
“Disgusted and appalled”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Motel 6 is an alright hotel certainly serves it purpose as a place to lay your head for a night and get on the freeway in secs. The SMELLY rooms are awful and they let pets stay in ALL rooms so you always find pet hair on your clothes. {not sure how often they wash the brown sheets} but I never sleep on hotel big comforters anyway. Friendly desk staff is a plus the rooms are disgusting and do those "housekeepers" {and I did quote an use it Loosely} really expect tips if the rooms are looking like rent a hour spots! and the senseless management {Independent owners I like to foreigners} doesn't even inspect them so filthy showers curtin insides,half cleaned bathrooms and broken down furniture. Beyond suspect looking workman running around and I don't get the $2.99 for wifi that's ridiculous the list could go on your question will I go go back....NEGATIVE!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the Motel 6 during Gatornationals. This property is a bit dated, however very clean and just fine for the price I paid. $120 is a lot for a 6, but it sure beat $240 across the interstate or even $160 just down the road. No breakfast, but they had the best coffee I've tasted in a long time. I wondered about charging for the wifi until the young man explained that since it wasn't factored in with the room price, I would only pay for it if I needed it. Seems fair! Everyone I encountered seemed to enjoy their job. The pool was open, it was nice. I had a queen size bed in my room that was very comfortable. I was delighted at the number of tv channels they had, usually that many comes with a more higher scale motel. The water in the shower came out very hot. What more could I ask for for just a few hours? I'll definitely be stopping again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Winter Haven, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Forced to stay here due to last minute arrangements and paid $120 for a standard room that was filthy, toilet was patched, table was falling apart and there was a charge for WI-FI. I wouldn't have paid $40 to stay her under the best circumstances. Definite price gouging for local events - wouldnt have minded paying extra for a decent room but it was aweful

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Augusta, ME
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Because I travel with a dog, and because I resent having to pay pet fees, which Motel 6 does not charge, I stay at quite afew facilities in this chain. I usually check TripAdvisor first, and go by the average recommendatins, but on this one I did not get a chance to check Wish I had. Room was shabby, did not feel clean (not an issue the maids could address--it was just plain old and dirty), it smelled, and I could not wait to get out of the place. Bed was ok. Really small room. No bed bugs that I could find, though. I won't go back to this one.

Room Tip: Keep on driving.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Terre Haute, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I usually stay at Motel 6's, however this was one of the worst. 1 bed a little firm and one bed wore out. holes in the sheets, smaller than most motel 6's. Not worth the money, move onto the next motel 6.

Room Tip: check room out before paying.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The room was very basic, this is the classic, old style Motel 6 room.

We did not have any bug problems that others had reported.

The bathroom was clean, but don't expect alot of toiletries or plush towels. Just soap and thin towels.

The front desk staff were super friendly.

For a football weekend, the price was better than most places in town, and for a place to sleep for the night, it suited our purposes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Yeah, bed bugs in three rooms. We were staying here not by choice. It was the weekend of the beginning of school, so they were our only choice. The rooms were not great, but that's part of the price. But I'm paying to sleep safe in a clean room. And then I got bitten by bed bugs. I found one and captured it in a cup. I kindly delivered it to the front office manager, and told him that I think he left "this" in our room. He offered 10% off and I offered to call the health department. He comp'ed three nights. That's the only way this made up for that... Have you ever been bitten by bed bugs? No? Well. That .. sucks, for two weeks.....

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida? Share your experiences!